Only in America

jaskoller

Well, most of what is required to be registered are not "toys". You can look up the requirements at the FAA's site. Second this incident you linked didn't happen in America. Third, you can buy a lot of things that can disrupt a pilot, like a rifle, model rocket, fireworks, etc etc. Not exactly sure if your point is to say living in America is a negative thing or not, but I will say. I'd take my freedoms here over most anywhere else in the world. I do agree that the government has a bit overreached on the "drone" fright thing going on right now, but that is mostly media buzz and ill informed politicians that have caused that. (oh, and dare I say idiot pilots, which will never read this because they aren't typically a part of an informed society of informed pilots such as the ones that frequent this page).

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Or like...Ireland where this happened ;)

Also any lasers over 5mw (which is not enough to blind a pilot) are regulated by the FDA. Not that it's hard to get one that's unlicensed - but just because you can doesn't mean it's legal. It's a fairly good example of why more laws aren't really an effective solution to this kind of thing. Enforcement of existing laws and better education are key. But education is a dirty word anymore unfortunately and in our society it seems more and more that ignorance and stupidity are praised and rewarded :(

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
JASKOLLER -
My guess is that you completely missed the point!
And it takes all the fun out when it has to be explained.....

Best regards,
PCH