Solved please help i ordered servos but theyre 360 degree ones does anyone know how to make them 180

tamuct01

If these are 360-degree servos common with robotics projects (for drive wheels), then there's probably not much you can do. Those types of servos have been modified where they are more akin to reversing motors with a gear-reduction drive train. They don't have positional accuracy needed for airplanes.

If they are "normal" servos but have a full 360 travel that has a working potentiometer for positional accuracy, you will have to reduce your output PWM to a very narrow band to make them work. Most servos take a 1000-2000us PWM pulse that delivers the full range of motion (with 1500us being the center position). If that range equates to 360 degrees, you'll only be using a fraction of that range (possibly 1400-1600us. You may not have enough resolution for effective control. Most airplane servos only have 90-120 degrees of travel.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
If these are 360-degree servos common with robotics projects (for drive wheels), then there's probably not much you can do. Those types of servos have been modified where they are more akin to reversing motors with a gear-reduction drive train. They don't have positional accuracy needed for airplanes.

If they are "normal" servos but have a full 360 travel that has a working potentiometer for positional accuracy, you will have to reduce your output PWM to a very narrow band to make them work. Most servos take a 1000-2000us PWM pulse that delivers the full range of motion (with 1500us being the center position). If that range equates to 360 degrees, you'll only be using a fraction of that range (possibly 1400-1600us. You may not have enough resolution for effective control. Most airplane servos only have 90-120 degrees of travel.
Holy cow dude, what do you read anyway🤣🤣that’s blastladly technical😂😂😂 English please?🤣

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @tamuct01, do these servos make one turn and stop or do they keep rotating forever.
If they keep rotating forever, they are no good for airplanes.
If they make one turn and stop, they could be used in a plane by setting end points in your Tx. But I would not recommend using them.

BTW most servos for planes are 90 degrees not 180. For landing gear, you may want to use 180's, everything else will be 90's.

quorneng

Master member
Or to Hobby King?
I note they don't transact in Rupees so you would have to exchange into a currency they do use. HKs basic Hextronik 9g servo is very cheap.

JetCrafts

i
okay, sorry, don't know anything about them. do you have access to ali?
Ali and bangood don't ship to India cause of some legal stuff I don't want to explain (it's very long ) and rupees to dollars exchanging is like doubling the price. I'm planning on buying some 9g servo which are 180 degrees this time but probably can only start on the mustang after exams which end on 28th uhhhhhhhhh