Possible planned FT contest/challenge

RCBuildIdeas

According to podcast #219, FT is planning a contest/challenge that will entail taking parts from various FT model airplane designs and combining the selected parts into another model airplane design. No details yet, but it sounds like there should be something in the November newsletter about it.
Anyway, I thought it might be fun to start a thread where those who might want to participate could start sharing some ideas about this possible challenge.

Here's one idea that combines the wings from the FT Mini corsair and the fuselage and tail assembly from the FT Mini cruiser:
(this sketch is not to scale, but hopefully just captures the idea.)
idea_00.png

Taildragger

Legendary member
According to podcast #219, FT is planning a contest/challenge that will entail taking parts from various FT model airplane designs and combining the selected parts into another model airplane design. No details yet, but it sounds like there should be something in the November newsletter about it.
Anyway, I thought it might be fun to start a thread where those who might want to participate could start sharing some ideas about this possible challenge.

Here's one idea that combines the wings from the FT Mini corsair and the fuselage and tail assembly from the FT Mini cruiser:
(this sketch is not to scale, but hopefully just captures the idea.)
View attachment 210908
I listened to that today, my idea was to take the mini scout and make it a mini duster

Bo123

Elite member
I'm thinking like spitfire wings, on a p51b. Oh and its a biplane. Or A biplane cub?

RCBuildIdeas

Here's another idea, an FT mini scout fuselage and vertical stabilizer with an FT Delta wing (elevons and rudder I suppose? again, not to scale.)

idea_01.png