Problems with the AS3X

Ian8Whit

Ive learned on an older aircraft my father had (which he crashed) had a AS3X six channel receiver at this specific time I had been in the hobby for about 6ish months and was working on a Flite Test simple Storch (which by the way is an Amazing plane it was awesome and flew amazingly but sadly at some point the sun was setting and played tricks on my eyes and caused me to end up smacking the ground even though I thought I was a lot higher) anyway I had gotten finished with building the Storch and was wondering where to find a receiver to give the Storch life (I had all the parts already and they needed used) so I went up to our attic A.K.A the airplane graveyard where all the guts and some parts of like tails, wheels, fuselages, wings, and plenty of electronics so I dug through the box of airplane parts and found another motor and AS3X brought those down and plugged in the AS3X to test the motor and servos this is where I dubbed the plane burnout cause a moment after I had plugged it in and binded it to my transmitter I heard a pop come from the motor I look over there and see that the motor is smoking I rush to unplug the battery and the motor continues smoking after about five minutes and the smell of ozone filling my garage I replace the motor with a the other motor I found the next day I took it out for its unpainted maiden and this is why you should always check your flight controls the moment it got into the air I tried to roll with my ailerons and they were reversed thus you can probably see what happened long story short it crashed. Later that month it was repaired with a new prop and ready to go this time I checked flight controls and everything seemed good but every time I connected the plane the servos jittered a lot after the motor was at full power I thought nothing of it but once it got into the air it started going all over the place and nosed into the ground again after throughly checking everything I found the problem it was the AS3X freaking out I got a wireless four channel receiver and the plane flew amazing. Therefore if you have an older AS3X from a crashed plane and the servos jitter when the planes throttle is full get rid of the receiver I think hard enough wrecks break the special gyro system in a AS3X honestly its better to buy a new receiver then a whole new plane take it from me.
-Ian

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
DX6I is a transmitter not a receiver I was a bit confused at first of what you were saying. Lesson learned will not be forgotten.

Bricks

Master member
Depending on which AS3X receiver you have it can be reprogrammed not very often gyros actually go out.