Q325

Q325 3

Please log in to download

johnbecker31

Everything is cut out and covered; ESC & servos on hand. Just waiting for the motor. I ordered a R2205 2300KV but wonder if it is too small? Might a lower KV bigger prop be better?
oh it would fly. I think your gonna need the high kv to get the speed you would expect, but this airplane would make a great park flyer as well.

tomlogan1

Elite member
Looking forward to seeing your build and hearing how it does! I am always a little nervous with a maiden. even with a well tested and proven design.
The motor has still not arrived but here is a little of what I hope will surprise the guys that fly glow quickies. All the control surfaces are in place and functioning as expected.

Question: with the landing gear brace installed and the top of the fuselage glued in place, where does the battery in order to maintain the correct cg? I get it that the motor will be out front and perhaps provide some balance but am concerned about being tail heavy. My 4s batteries that would potentially fit here are a single 1300 and two 1800s. Am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240126_151835781.jpg
    IMG_20240126_151835781.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240126_172512172.jpg
    IMG_20240126_172512172.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240126_172539342.jpg
    IMG_20240126_172539342.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

johnbecker31

The motor has still not arrived but here is a little of what I hope will surprise the guys that fly glow quickies. All the control surfaces are in place and functioning as expected.

Question: with the landing gear brace installed and the top of the fuselage glued in place, where does the battery in order to maintain the correct cg? I get it that the motor will be out front and perhaps provide some balance but am concerned about being tail heavy. My 4s batteries that would potentially fit here are a single 1300 and two 1800s. Am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks.
Looks good! gonna need some clear tape to seal it all up! Good job! look forward to a flight video if you get one.

johnbecker31

Thanks.
I put a 4S 1300 up in front of the landing gear brace without issue. I am pretty sure an 1800 would go up there without too much problem with the CG. I would start with the 1300 and see how that does.

tomlogan1

Elite member
Flight! No video but this thing is a monster. Used a R2205 2300KV with a 5x4.5 prop and a 1300 mAh 4s battery. It is a rocket! I need to put some down thrust in it because if you give it greater then 40% throttle it goes vertical. A little expo in the ailerons and low rates wouldn't hurt either. Will try to get some video next time out. That motor/prop combination is FAST.

Thanks for sharing the files.

johnbecker31

Flight! No video but this thing is a monster. Used a R2205 2300KV with a 5x4.5 prop and a 1300 mAh 4s battery. It is a rocket! I need to put some down thrust in it because if you give it greater then 40% throttle it goes vertical. A little expo in the ailerons and low rates wouldn't hurt either. Will try to get some video next time out. That motor/prop combination is FAST.

Thanks for sharing the files.
That’s awesome! I can’t wait to see a flight video. Good job on the maiden, and I am glad you are enjoying it.