Question re. acrylic firewalls and control horns

HowlingWolven

Crossposted from another subforum in the hopes it'll get more response here...

So I like to scratchbuild designs from plans, and I'm cheap. Two things that seem to go together, haha.

And I've got a few questions regarding the use of acrylic sheet (plexiglass) for the making of firewalls and control horns.

The most important one, does anyone have dxfs for the simple firewall, FT style control horn, and possibly the swappable firewall? I have the pdfs (I can get them from a plan), but I can't mess with the layer visibility or layer order of the PDF files as I don't have paid PDF software nor know of a good free one that can do the same things, and the laser cutter I have access to will only take dxfs as far as I know.

And secondly, bonding acrylic to DTF. I'm thinking about using Foam Tak to do this, does anyone have personal experience with this? Does it hold well under shear loads? Tension? Compression? Does it burn the foam the way some other adhesives do? Does it not grip the acrylic unless I sand or etch it?

Mac82

Foam scraps? I got plenty
Now I haven't concitered using accrilic for the fire wall I'll have to try it out my self. As for bonding it to the foam board. Well I haven't used foam talk or heard of it, but I'm a big fan of epoxi. When all else fails epoxi and it don't take much. But that's just me