Speed blade kits

Cman

Good Day

I have watched a few of the videos and builds and have to build one so I bought a speed build kit that my LHS stocks now I am wondering if it comes with the power pod or do I have to build or buy it separately

I have not opened the bag yet because I do not want to risk loosing any parts but I am really looking forward to building and flying the baby blender

Thanks keep up with the great shows and planes

Corbarrad

First I've heard of FT speed build kits sold at Hobby shops, but then it's not unthinkable.
The flite test kits I bought (at FliteFest) contained all the hardware for both the model and the power pod, minus the electronics, of course.

Cman

I got the kit there and it looks lefit the website even has a link to the build video.

thanks for the reply I hate starting a build without have all the parts it usually ends in a long buid for me

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
GreatHobbies is the Canadian distributor for FliteTest kits. The kits have all the bits you need to build the airframe. However you might want to add some manufactured wheels or construct some from different material depending on the model you are building. The foam board wheels work but are not great.

The other point is that FliteTest foam board planes are designed to be made from craft materials that are generally available - like lolly sticks and coffee stirrers and paint stirrers. You can make control horns and firewalls out of gift card plastic for example Control rod wire and landing gear wire may be a bit harder since you need something a bit high tensile but irrigation flags are one source you might find locally. May have to double it up for landing gear - I haven't tried it.

presto13031

The other point is that FliteTest foam board planes are designed to be made from craft materials that are generally available - like lolly sticks and coffee stirrers and paint stirrers. You can make control horns and firewalls out of gift card plastic for example Control rod wire and landing gear wire may be a bit harder since you need something a bit high tensile but irrigation flags are one source you might find locally. May have to double it up for landing gear - I haven't tried it.

I heard one of the guys suggest a coat hanger for the landing gear wire. In the Old Speedster video, he uses a 15 1/2" long wire, and the bottom part of the hanger I stole from my closet was 15 3/4".

Cman

Just an update

I got my baby blender finished and flying, it was a pretty successful flight it seemed to want to climb and was a bit sensitive on the elevator control I suspect I had the c of g a bit to far aft, will adjust battery next time.

I am a bit hooked on the idea of these planes cheap fun and a bit of a challenge to build and they fly pretty good