Spektrum 30C 2200mah help

JFC24

We took our planes out to fly for the first time after FF23 and we have run into a problem.

None of his 4 batteries will charge above 85% even though the charger says “charge complete.” Each cell on each battery reads approximately 4v.

Have we gooned up a setting in the charger menu? (I don’t think so)

Should we perform some sort of discharge cycle on the batteries to erase a memory?

My technical experience with Li-po batteries is minimal so before I start a fire or destroy something, I figure I would ask here.

Attachments

• IMG_7866.jpeg
    IMG_7866.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Your charger is probably to blame. What make/model is that charger, and what are you using for a power source to run it?

JFC24

Your charger is probably to blame. What make/model is that charger, and what are you using for a power source to run it?
This one (attached) was recommend to me by our local club and for the last year and a half has worked well.

The power supply is a bit dated, I don’t actually know what brand or specs it is. But, it’s also done us well. The charging station I built is also attached.

This morning was very warm and when I got home I let the batteries cool down, though they were never hot to the touch, and recharged them.

After that, they charged to 99% so it appears to be thermal.

On the 4th we are going to our club and I’ll test it then.

Attachments

• IMG_7871.jpg
    IMG_7871.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5908.jpeg
    IMG_5908.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5911.jpeg
    IMG_5911.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 0