Still up a tree

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
And again!! Oranges grow on trees. That one's low hanging fruit and you didn't even put forth the effort to grab for it. You're so caught up in this "to Futaba or not to Futaba" stuff that you can't see the forest for the ...........

"Come let us reason together the mighty Futaba! Is it a musical instrument? A piece of furniture? Or an electronic device?"

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Flite Risk

Never thought of using the tree limbs as guides. Thanks. No limit of length then except for weight of the pipe
taper the pipe, 1st section 1/2", 2nd section 3/4, 3rd 1-25 and so on. . you will need a ladder to make it easy to join one piece of pipe to the next. especially if you are short like me 5'5"....
you might think about gluing the pipe as you go too, it willl/could pop out if it starts to bend or fall over.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Here we are 16 months after recovery. Doesn't look too bad after spending an Indiana fall and winter hanging in a tree. I may end up making this the Rat Rod of RC planes - just get it flying again without touching the cosmetics.

IMG_4552.JPG

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
If you were a fan of this thread (and even if you weren't) here is the concluding episode. Remember this spent five months in a tree through Indiana fall and winter, rain storms and snow storms. I tried to keep as much of the original as I could. Ended up replacing the horizontal stab and elevator, one vertical stab and locked the rudders, a new belly plate and swappable power pod housing. I used the same servos, motors and ESCs. Put on new props, receiver and battery - and lots of tape and hot glue.

It's my homage to "Jimmy's World" YouTube channel, hope you like it!

FishbonesAir

All of this wouldn't happen if you didn't violate the first rule of flight: stay in the middle of the sky, the edges are dangerous. Edges can be determined by the presence of the telephone poles, trees, mountains, buildings, etc. No one has ever collided with the sky or even clouds.

When you "fly" like I do, simply avoiding the ground is a challenge. I did think this "landing" was pretty interesting. That's an FT F-22 Mini for scale.

IMG_20230712_112838_crop_54.jpg

Piotrsko

Master member
After all this, are you going to avoid the edges of the sky?

As a certified geezer, I am well aware that trees and telephone poles can move suprisingly fast to snag an unsuspecting vehicle as it passes by. Don't forget cumulous graniteus which is a huge problem for beech bonanzas but it causes problems for model scale also.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
After all this, are you going to avoid the edges of the sky?

As a certified geezer, I am well aware that trees and telephone poles can move suprisingly fast to snag an unsuspecting vehicle as it passes by. Don't forget cumulous graniteus which is a huge problem for beech bonanzas but it causes problems for model scale also.
I don't know... Being marinated for five months didn't much hurt the way it flies. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

luvmy40

Elite member
I have officially given up on recovering the EZ Bronco that the Evil Tree Command captured last summer. After several wind storms and multiple down pours, and 2 snow squalls, there is no evidence of it to be found. We never even could locate it in the trees when it was originally ambushed(;)).