Stuff like this is happening all the time, and I'm starting to get worried.

Epic

New to RC planes
"Drones" "UAV'S" "Multi rotors" What ever the heck you want to call it. At this point it doesn't mater what you call it! Stuff like this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/faa-drones/

Is still going to happen thanks to that dji toy or whatever. Obiously not all of it was from the dji, but anyway. If you look at those incidents 80% Of them are from dji phantom pilots. Witch from my "Research" Most dji pilots are new to this hobby (No problem with being new) BUT they have absolutely NO respect for the airspace.

At this point I'm actually getting worried, I'm not worried about more people who make there quads and might actually know what they are doing... And maybe you buy a RTF and you are a smart person who doesn't fly above 500 feet (500 feet is the faa minimum for most places so planes don't fly below that)

I found this link online:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/drones-could-cause-major-accident-experts-182947258.html

This is the first news like where they actually say what is going on. He absolutely nailed it.

If you can't use that link he said something like:

The traditional way of doing things was to build or buy a plane and go to a local flying club and they will teach you to fly, but now you can just go to the store, bye one and fly with out any previous knowledge

I had my quad out during new years eve and we had 15+ people over, and 5 of the 15 thought that it flew it's self and that I didn't control it or I controlled it with my hands like all rotor DR1 or something... Obviously the public doesn't understand.

Personally I like some of the regulations, but no commercial use? That makes no sense to me...

Well anyway, I'm not just venting about this. I want to know your opinion on this very touchy subject. :confused:

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
"Drones" "UAV'S" "Multi rotors" What ever the heck you want to call it. At this point it doesn't mater what you call it! Stuff like this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/faa-drones/

Is still going to happen thanks to that dji toy or whatever. Obiously not all of it was from the dji, but anyway. If you look at those incidents 80% Of them are from dji phantom pilots. Witch from my "Research" Most dji pilots are new to this hobby (No problem with being new) BUT they have absolutely NO respect for the airspace.

At this point I'm actually getting worried, I'm not worried about more people who make there quads and might actually know what they are doing... And maybe you buy a RTF and you are a smart person who doesn't fly above 500 feet (500 feet is the faa minimum for most places so planes don't fly below that)

I found this link online:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/drones-could-cause-major-accident-experts-182947258.html

This is the first news like where they actually say what is going on. He absolutely nailed it.

If you can't use that link he said something like:

I had my quad out during new years eve and we had 15+ people over, and 5 of the 15 thought that it flew it's self and that I didn't control it or I controlled it with my hands like all rotor DR1 or something... Obviously the public doesn't understand.

Personally I like some of the regulations, but no commercial use? That makes no sense to me...

Well anyway, I'm not just venting about this. I want to know your opinion on this very touchy subject. :confused:

The FAA is not banning all commercial use. There are now a few drone schools that are teaching the next generation of commercial drone pilots. They are granting exceptions for professional pilots that have gone through such training. Just like the full scale pilots of today they will be subject to many rules and regulations. They will not be piloting the "MacGyver" scratch built aircraft. They will be required to use professional grade equipment.

I do believe that the companies that sell these RTF drones should be a lot more clear as to what is acceptable hobby usage and by using this product you will be accepting the rules. The real issue is that there is no legal set in stone rules, which is what the FAA is trying to accomplish.

I'm thinking that there will be a mandated R/C jamming devices placed on airlines in the future to protect the aircraft. But that's speculation.

EDIT: You also mentioned that we should stay below 500ft. Well if you follow the AMA rules you should stay below 400ft, because not even full scale planes strictly adhere to the 500ft rules. Not to mention that there are also ultralights, gliders, etc... that fly under the 500ft barrier.

Last edited:

Usil

An easy fix for these kind of issues is to deal with the specific problem. Ban them around airports and not the entire hobby.