success!finally!

levigabel

So, you may have seen my other post about trying to get into the hobby with a tiny trainer speed build kit, and it was so uncontrollable i ended up "flying" for about 2 seconds before crashing breaking the prop. well, i have good news! i have finally gotten success in the hobby! I have not attempted to fly my tiny trainer since my post about breaking all my props, but the weather got very nice with almost no wind, so i scratch built a mini scout and went to my flight location. I installed my battery, I turned on my transmitter, i checked my crap, and chucked it into the air...it flew!!! the mini scout flew a lot more controlled than the tiny trainer, although that could just be that the tiny trainer had a lot more wind to deal with. I flew about 5 different times for about 20 second at a time, and broke two props over the 5 flights (which is probably because it was my first time flying any thing RC and i had no one to instruct me) but over all the plane worked flawlessly and all the crashes were my fault, not the planes. I am so excited that i actually got some good flight time after all these broken props!

Tench745

Master member
Congratulations! So glad you've found some success! As always, we, the Flite Test community are here to help however we can as you continue your journey in this wonderful hobby.

Cnat

thank you all so much! I joined the forums about a month ago and I have already gotten so much help from this amazing community!
Congratulations! I love my simple scout. I built it out of boredom and thought it was going to be boring coming from other airplanes I've made but its probably my favorite airplane. Just finishing a scratch build on a simple scout XL i liked it so much. Keep trying, and it will get easier!

levigabel

Congratulations! I love my simple scout. I built it out of boredom and thought it was going to be boring coming from other airplanes I've made but its probably my favorite airplane. Just finishing a scratch build on a simple scout XL i liked it so much. Keep trying, and it will get easier!
WOW! scratch building an XL must be time consuming!

skymaster

Elite member
So, you may have seen my other post about trying to get into the hobby with a tiny trainer speed build kit, and it was so uncontrollable i ended up "flying" for about 2 seconds before crashing breaking the prop. well, i have good news! i have finally gotten success in the hobby! I have not attempted to fly my tiny trainer since my post about breaking all my props, but the weather got very nice with almost no wind, so i scratch built a mini scout and went to my flight location. I installed my battery, I turned on my transmitter, i checked my crap, and chucked it into the air...it flew!!! the mini scout flew a lot more controlled than the tiny trainer, although that could just be that the tiny trainer had a lot more wind to deal with. I flew about 5 different times for about 20 second at a time, and broke two props over the 5 flights (which is probably because it was my first time flying any thing RC and i had no one to instruct me) but over all the plane worked flawlessly and all the crashes were my fault, not the planes. I am so excited that i actually got some good flight time after all these broken props!

Attachments

• be3a30f2686c34c1366b2ad68bd11846.gif
    be3a30f2686c34c1366b2ad68bd11846.gif
    444.7 KB · Views: 0

Shurik-1960

One of my first flights: I did not understand why the model did not obey me and flew where he wanted and how he wanted. Now I'm watching and laughing, and then the adrenaline was out of me...

DaveM

CEO Flite Test
Well done! Keep,at it! You will break fr less get as you gain experience.