Turnigy 9x switches do not work

davidgeorge212

Hi, I just got a new Turnigy 9x transmitter from hobby king and I just got done binding it to the receiver. I plugged in a couple of servos and a battery but the only controls that seem to work are the stick movements (ex Throttle, Rudder, Elevator, Aileron). When I go into display mode to see the travel of each switch or stick movement, I noticed that none of the rotary knobs or 2 or 3 position switches work. When I flip all the switches, the display doesn't show any movement. None of the servos plugged in to those corresponding channels of the receiver do not move either.

Has anyone else had this problem, what is the fix?

Thanks,
David G.

KenJ

The Turnigy 9x is the same as the FreeSky, which is what I have. The D/R switches work fine, but they are set default to flat/100, so there's no difference between switch settings. If you want to activate anything more than the joysticks (Ch1-4), you have to go into the setup menu and turn the additional switches on. You do that on the second menu page, under Aux Channel.

davidgeorge212

Ooh, ok. Ill tell you, I am so use to spektrum and futaba programming that this is all new to me. I noticed the transmitter didnt come with a paper manual. I may have to go online to see if I can download one. Your solution was just what I needed to solve this problem.

Thanks,
David

KenJ

No problem. I had the same question and it took a while to figure out the answer. Just wait until you try to get 6 switchable flight modes to work! It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen and I still don't understand completely how I got it to work...