Vintage Balsa kits

mrstamp80

I had these listed on rc groups, lots of views no offers. So here is the listing if anyone wants to throw a offer out there.

Please make me a Fair offer....Money goes to widow

Grandfather recently past, and in the process of cleaning out the closets we found these. I have no idea if all the parts are there or not, and don't know the year of the kits.

First one is a Midwest Jabberwock, seems to have plans and everything there. Parts are NOT pre cut.

Second one is a Curtis Robin, don't know the make as the box is to faded. Plans and parts seem to be there, some of the balsa is still in the original strapping.

Third one is a Bellanca Sky Rocket, This one doesn't seem to have the plans and looks to be some scrap balsa .

If someone wants the third one i will just throw it in. As i don't think it is near a complete kit like the first two. As i said before the money goes to the widow.
Also if anyone can give me more info about these planes please share. As i would like to know, I am not a good balsa builder otherwise i would have kept for myself. However i did get some of his other built planes.

Also i will be putting up in the radios a futaba 72mhz conquest tx with rx as soon as i get the rx out of the plane it is in.

Thank you everyone for your time with the long winded post as i want the buyer to be aware of what they are getting. Thank you

all 3.JPG
jw 1.JPG
jw 2.JPG
c 1.JPG
c 2.JPG
sr 1.JPG
sr 2.JPG

Thanks for looking

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I'm very tempted, just because I like the old kits...! Not knowing just how complete each kit is (or isn't) would be my big concern.

Jugsy

These are very cool, but I have enough unfinished balsa lying around the house already.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I've got enough unfinished around here as well, but enough is NEVER enough! So looks like I've got more coming my way now. :)

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Thanks! The Jabberwock looks like it would be an interesting conversion to RC, which is the tentative plan. That's the one that was of most interest to me as a very lightweight 3 channel for very calm afternoons.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Sorry! :) I'm going to have to start shipping stuff to my work address so my wife doesn't notice!

Along that same line, I still need to get a second balsa kit for FliteFest 2016. Plane #1 will likely be the Mountain Models Switchback Senior. Between me and my dad building it we should be able to finish it in a day (depending on how long covering and electronics take). I'm still trying to figure out what Plane #2 will be - maybe the Cuda from Laines Planes, the Tyro or Round2it from Mountain Models, or one of the Herr kits from Sig. It's got to be a quick-build so we can start & finish both of them while at FTFF. It'll be nice to actually build with him finally. We live far enough apart it's often hard enough just to find time to fly together, much less build.