Wanting to develope a micro base/clean flight FC with escs, any ideas for features?

Spastickitten

I want to make this board

I am learning how to design and make circuit boards, and I want to help the community. I want to know what features you would like to see on a micro multirotor FC, or if you would like replacement boards for popular micro quads like the nano qx. Any cool features or built in power filtering, things you would want! Any thing is a great idea and I might try to make more than one design to suit your needs, thanks!

RichB

There's quite a few out there already, so you are going to be targeting a niche market. One thing that I think would be pretty easy to do that nobody is doing is make a board with a flysky protocol receiver built in. All of them that are out there require a spectrum satellite or other ppm receiver, which leaves flysky people in the cold unless they want to buy a transmitter module.

If you could do that, then everyone who flies Turnigy, Eurgle, Flysky, or Hobby King transmitters would be your market. If the price was $50- $80 I would buy one or two immediately.

Spastickitten

Are there any good flysky modules? I use dsm* but I will gladly build a frysky version because I heard it is better, and my next radio will be a taranis. I ight also try tau link because the 9xr doesnt have telemetry, but I plan on making more than one fc.

RichB

Flysky is different from FrSky

Flysky is Hobby King, Turnigy, FlySky, Eurgle, some Syma models (actually the Syma X1's flight controller is a good example hardware-wise, just needs multiwii or cleanflight on it), and a few others

FrSky is used by FrSky (Taranis, etc)

RichB

I see that hobbyking has a few. They also have their hobbyking-branded tx for similar money