Water Proofing

Aviator936

Hey Guys! just been watching some old flitetest videos and i really want to fly at the beach. however I cant buy corrosion x where I am right now. does anyone know of some other things i could use instead

Tench745

Master member
There are a couple other anti-corrosion sprays like CorrosionX, things like Boeshield T-9 or Fluid Film. I have no experience using these sprays for waterproofing electronics like this, so you'll be doing the experimentation yourself, but it's a direction to get you started on your search.
You could probably use WD-40 and have similar results to the CorrosionX, but you WILL need to reapply it regularly to keep the water out.

Aviator936

There are a couple other anti-corrosion sprays like CorrosionX, things like Boeshield T-9 or Fluid Film. I have no experience using these sprays for waterproofing electronics like this, so you'll be doing the experimentation yourself, but it's a direction to get you started on your search.
You could probably use WD-40 and have similar results to the CorrosionX, but you WILL need to reapply it regularly to keep the water out.
hi there thanks for the reply. i just watched the flying at the beach video again and it says that you should not use wd40 because it will rust it??? i have no idea what they meant though.