What Did You Fly Today

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Half of the good flying is based on the plane. The wing span is 34". And it has only six parts to cut out. Change it up to a motor/prop and add landing gear and this is what you get. A very stable STOL when you also add my design of end plates and go for it. The trees are over 100+ft and I am sure I could fly within the bounds of just the parking lot and do steep landings. As you can see, pull the nose up steeper and it drops more, push towards level and with practice you can land it anywhere. More you practice, better you get. Good practice for sensing EDF landings.

I use a E flite 1360 kv motor with a 9x3/8SF prop and with the landing gear, gives you something else to do rather than bore holes in the sky.
Plans are available at RCGroups (label is Allycat) and if you adapt to your build material, you can have a fun time. Will help guide you on your questions if any..

Very cool! I should really prototype my U2 with that type of construction, then move on to the more curvy construction. It's been stalled out too long!

Cheers!
LitterBug

L Edge

Master member
Very cool! I should really prototype my U2 with that type of construction, then move on to the more curvy construction. It's been stalled out too long!

Cheers!
LitterBug

Yup, that is the way to go especially to keep it light especially using EDF's. I did a SR-71, A-10, F-117 and DarkStar, X-47B that way. The A-10 and SR-71 can even be hand released to launch.

DazDaMan

Elite member
Me and the Spitfire had the flying site to ourselves for about an hour this morning. The wind got up a little, but we had fun!

Attachments

• IMG_20240427_113822_134.jpg
    IMG_20240427_113822_134.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0