What Did You Fly Today

Island Guy

Well it was yesterday but got out again and went through a couple batteries on my FMS PA 18 1700mm. Getting more comfortable and took it out of “safe” for a little while to do a couple loops and get the feel for more control. Found comfort in not liking a landing approach and going around. Came home with nothing to fix so I count that as a good day! My only past experience is about 30 years ago and thermal gliding but I think my Resl Flight simulator practice has helped a lot. Maybe get out today in between showers

Island Guy

Loving this plane!

Attachments

• IMG_4934.jpeg
    IMG_4934.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Island Guy

Would like to get its little brother but I just got the Night Timber but not quite ready for that I think! Also arriving in a few days is the Turbo Timber Evolution and I think I might be able to de-tune that enough to manage. Life is good at 73!

mastermalpass

Elite member
Successful maiden flight. The Flying Nautilus.
Collision Speed - Full"
View attachment 241696

That's certainly something different! Today the HalfPipe Delta broke in 2024 for my first flight of the year.

Screenshot_20240107_001122_Gallery.jpg

But then I belly-slammed so hard, the battery came bursting through its tray! 😂 It can be fixed pretty easily but, I think it's time for the parts to move on to something new - something also different, I'm thinking a bit Sci-fi.

planeconcept2.png

planeconcept3.png

planeconcept4.png

It's gonna take a few cardboard concepts to figure out a stable airframe. Who knows what kind of a flyer I may end up with! 😃

L Edge

Master member
Today, I nailed it with the CG to make EZ_PEASY, a gentile trainer thanks to the V2 motors. It flies slow and all it takes is a blip of differential to start a turn and ever so often you add more to complete the turn. You actually have time to think on what has happened and what you need to do to go where you want. By the way, it has 12 degrees of dihedral !!!!

Move the CG, change your rates, and it's another animal. Did wind surfing and was able to get a fast moving plane around the field. Not bad, $40 for the power pack and $1.50 for the foam Adam's Readi-Board, which gives you 2 planes where this plane can be cutout(2 pieces needed), glued and flying within 2 hours. Now you know why I call it "Easy PEASY".

luvmy40

Elite member
Today, I nailed it with the CG to make EZ_PEASY, a gentile trainer thanks to the V2 motors. It flies slow and all it takes is a blip of differential to start a turn and ever so often you add more to complete the turn. You actually have time to think on what has happened and what you need to do to go where you want. By the way, it has 12 degrees of dihedral !!!!

Move the CG, change your rates, and it's another animal. Did wind surfing and was able to get a fast moving plane around the field. Not bad, $40 for the power pack and $1.50 for the foam Adam's Readi-Board, which gives you 2 planes where this plane can be cutout(2 pieces needed), glued and flying within 2 hours. Now you know why I call it "Easy PEASY".
Do you have the plans posted?

L Edge

Master member
Do you have the plans posted?

Not yet. Developing a 4 pack of planes and being an old school designer, I have 4 different models I designed on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. After I see what is an acceptable model, I will put out my plans. Problem is, I can scan into the computer and get a jpeg. Someone will have to help me get them set up to print as plans.

4 models are Easy Peasy (video of maiden, not tuned) video is up

a wing(already flies) that I am increasing the area to see if it flies slow

wing.JPG

a Minicat
bobcat.JPG

and a B-bipe
b-bipe.JPG

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Not yet. Developing a 4 pack of planes and being an old school designer, I have 4 different models I designed on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. After I see what is an acceptable model, I will put out my plans. Problem is, I can scan into the computer and get a jpeg. Someone will have to help me get them set up to print as plans.

4 models are Easy Peasy (video of maiden, not tuned) video is up

a wing(already flies) that I am increasing the area to see if it flies slow

View attachment 241907

a Minicat
View attachment 241908
and a B-bipe
View attachment 241909
I can help with digitizing plans in cad and then tiling them if you want.

L Edge

Master member
Minicat made its first voyage in the gusty swirly winds and even did some turns. Need to fine tune CG position in calm weather.

Minicat.JPG

Only reason this color, need to get rid of the black sheets (only color they had) which I used for the DarkStar.

I am very impressed with the FT EZ pack and what you can do with it!!!!

Bipe is next.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Not exactly flying, but...I took my new Zephyr1 F-86 out for some donuts this morning. Everything is a sheet of ice in the Pacific Northwest, so no flying, painting, or anything outdoors for a bit.

I attached two drop tanks to protect the servos on the bottom of the wing. They will probably be ripped off on my first landing.