What is the easiest method to getting Head Tracking these days?

Ducky84

So it used to be that you could pick up one of those Quanum Head Trackers off Hobbyking for 30something bucks. But since then the thing has been out of stock for ages, and it doesn't sound like it's ever coming back.

I've seen online posts and Painless 360 cover the Arduino method, but I don't know how to solder, don't really want to know how, nor do I even own any soldering stuff, so it's kind of the last option to consider for me.

Are there any commercially available products that you could purchase similar to the Quanum? I just can't seem to find much info online or through shops these days.

FPVAirCombat

Fatshark Trinity Head-track external module, if you can find one is the best. Quanum has mixed reviews. There are also Trinity boards meant for Fatshark goggles that can be modded to stand along. But that’s along the difficulty of making the Arduino HT.

Remember you just need to make one. And you could have HT implemented on all different kinds of platforms; cars, planes, boats, drones, any thing you can think of to fit a gimbal and camera on.

Ducky84

Fatshark Trinity Head-track external module, if you can find one is the best. Quanum has mixed reviews. There are also Trinity boards meant for Fatshark goggles that can be modded to stand along. But that’s along the difficulty of making the Arduino HT.

Remember you just need to make one. And you could have HT implemented on all different kinds of platforms; cars, planes, boats, drones, any thing you can think of to fit a gimbal and camera on.

Does the Trinity external module need soldering? Looks just like a board from the website. Does it work with DJI Goggles? I saw someone mention online that it does, but the Fatshark website leaves a lot to be desired for this product.

FPVAirCombat

The external module is self-contained and works with most TX with trainer port, independent of VTX signal. Just need two extra channel on RC receiver for pan & tilt. Three if you want to add roll. The internal module or just the board, is meant to be inserted into Fatshark goggles. Would need soldering to be converted for external use…