When Pigs Fly...

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Ok, so I saw someone posting that they wanted a flying pig, after they had the 'flying cow head' that FT had done.

Well, I mentioned to my wife that I wanted another plane, and to that, she actually said, "When pigs fly!"

I took it as a challenge and immediately went to Dollar Tree.

Working on the wing, using a swappable power pod out of my MiG-3. I'm still working on the wing; gonna try to fix a Versa Wing style shape across the back of the pig that I can remove; we'll see how well it works. I figure the wing can be removed to get it into and out of the car, as well as allow me to run a hole in the top that runs airflow across the top of the ESC and the battery (which will be located at the back of the body, for balance, since the motor will be at the front, off of the nose.

sprzout

Mentor
haha thats great!! best of luck!

Thanks! I'm hoping to have it finished before Thursday, when we have our monthly club meeting; I'd love to have a bunch of guys get a good laugh out of it, and immediately saying, "See??? I can have another plane! Pigs are flying!!!"

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Thanks! I'm hoping to have it finished before Thursday, when we have our monthly club meeting; I'd love to have a bunch of guys get a good laugh out of it, and immediately saying, "See??? I can have another plane! Pigs are flying!!!"

brilliant!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Haha! YEP! I love this... cannot WAIT to see this in the air and all painted up!
Good on ya my friend! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan

sprzout

Mentor
Haha! YEP! I love this... cannot WAIT to see this in the air and all painted up!
Good on ya my friend! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan

I make NO guarantees she'll fly well, as it's my first scratch build being cobbled together from FT concepts, but that's why I'm building it out of foam - if it crashes, I can rebuild it cheaply! LOL

Will this pig also have wings or will it fly in a high-alpha the whole time?

high-alpla 1 - Kopie.png

...woud also look interesting :p

sprzout

Mentor
Will this pig also have wings or will it fly in a high-alpha the whole time?

View attachment 102137

...woud also look interesting :p

LOL Not enough surface area (and a lack of control surfaces at this point) would prevent it from flying. :) I'm building the wing right now, the pictures that I have so far are the work in progress.

But still, if I can get the sucker to fly, you KNOW there's going to be people wanting this one! :)