Where do I post a lousy customer service thread?

danskis

Master member
Attitudes on this subject are shifting. It wasn't too long ago that you could return an item to REI at any time with the only criteria being "I don't want it". Even after years of use. REI will still take an item back within a year with almost no questions asked. On the other hand you've got to have a lot of patience to try and return something to Bangood. I guess the bottom line is you've got to know the company you're working with. For instance, this guy says he tests every servo before he ships it - so while we would all love to support flite test there are alternatives.
4x MG90s 9g TREX 450 Mini Servo Motor RC Heli rc Airplane Robotics – ToTsRC

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Attitudes on this subject are shifting. It wasn't too long ago that you could return an item to REI at any time with the only criteria being "I don't want it". Even after years of use. REI will still take an item back within a year with almost no questions asked. On the other hand you've got to have a lot of patience to try and return something to Bangood. I guess the bottom line is you've got to know the company you're working with. For instance, this guy says he tests every servo before he ships it - so while we would all love to support flite test there are alternatives.
4x MG90s 9g TREX 450 Mini Servo Motor RC Heli rc Airplane Robotics – ToTsRC
I like metal gear, but frankly, FT nylon gear servos have been far better than the metal gear I get from other vendors - plus they are almost half the price.

danskis

Master member
You missed the point......it wasn't about metal vs nylon. Tots tests every servo before he sends it. This practice would avoid a lot of hassle for the customer if you do get a bad servo. Works for me and I would call that good customer service. Price wise you're getting 4 mg servos for $12. My disclaimer is I've never ordered from this supplier so who knows. I'm just saying you have choices. The OP probably won't buy from FT again? Who loses then?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
You missed the point......it wasn't about metal vs nylon. Tots tests every servo before he sends it. This practice would avoid a lot of hassle for the customer if you do get a bad servo. Works for me and I would call that good customer service. Price wise you're getting 4 mg servos for $12. My disclaimer is I've never ordered from this supplier so who knows. I'm just saying you have choices. The OP probably won't buy from FT again? Who loses then?
No, I didn't miss the point. Metal are supposed to be better quality. I have bought that brand before BECAUSE they were metal - and 2 of the 4 failed AFTER they were installed and working.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Has the FT staff replied to my complaint? I sent my original post to them. Haven't heard a thing unless one of you are staff.

They won't and they shouldn't.

If they are handling your issue in customer service thats where it should stay. As professionals they will not be baited to a forum argument.

Your inability to act in a similar manner says as much about you as it does about them.

Also... just saying... but I bet if the customer service rep who handled your ticket was to say something here, I'm sure he'd be able to show it wasn't a week wait time for a response.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
As someone who works for a large online RC Company, not HH, I would have asked for the same thing if I was the rep that took your request ticket. Because the price of the servo is so cheap, a simple video is enough evidence for my return and warranty department to get credit for the bad servo from the manufacturer. Without that video, I technically can't troubleshoot the servo. So complaining here isn't going to get your servo replaced. I'll be honest with you: I usually send a cheap servo to a customer who comes to me with an issue and has a genuinely good tone to them. When someone comes to me with a tone, even when I am trying to diffuse the situation and not change their tone, it just prolongs the conversation.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...I sent my original post to them...
I agree with Cappy.
It's best to contact them through the store website. Go to the very bottom of the FT Store web page, look under Support, click on Contact Us and fill out the form.