Will the Tiny Trainer handle a 2212 1400kv brushless?

Foamforce

It’s not ideal, but it can fly. You might need to re-balance it because it will have more nose weight than normal. You will also have to fly a little faster because the stall speed will be higher with the extra weight. Also, the servos in that are 9g instead of the 5g called for in the plans, so you’ll need to slightly enlarge the holes for the servos.

Adui

Thanks. I figured the nose weight would be a problem. When I run this model I will just buy the right power pack. I was trying to skimp money as Im on a tight budget, but Amazon doesn't have a motor ESC combo for the 1806 sized motor

Foamforce

Yeah, the 2212 is the cheapest motor, and the 9 gram servos are the cheapest servos. If you’re budgeting, I’d suggest switching to one of the B pack planes. Those all use a 2212 1000kv. The Simple Scout is the most popular. So not the 1400kv that you linked, but the 1000kv version which is usually the same price.

If you want really budget electronics for B or C pack planes, check out Valuehobby.com. It’s not as good as the stuff that comes from Flite Test, but it’s very cheap and I’ve had good experiences with them. It’s still generally better than what you can find on Amazon. Specifically, ValueHobby has better servos than Amazon (TowerPro brand), and you can get the rest of your parts there too.

Adui

The only trouble with that is there isn't a trainer type that the plans are available for that uses those. I suppose the Simple Cub could work, I'm ready for something a little sportier than a really basic trainer anyhow.

Edit: I can get the FT Tutor plans for $6 with my FTCA basic membership so I will probably use that one. Need to support FliteTest anyhow, even if it is only in small amounts!

Foamforce

If you want a little sportier, the Simple Scout seems like a good choice. Easy to fly and a bit acrobatic. Also, you can step up to a C pack motor for another $8 or so, which opens up a bunch of other planes to consideration.

Did you check out the whole Sponz index?

PS, the Tutor is a good choice too. I have one that I built this winter. I just flew it without the floats for the first time last weekend and it flew very nicely! The landing gear is definitely more robust on the Tutor than on earlier models. I landed it like a brick a couple times and saw it do some serious squats, but there was no damage.

Adui

I got the tiny trainer from Sponz's index LOL!! Im still browsing, Ill make a decision soon. I already have the Bloody Baron with the outfit I asked about, I'm just not sure that is a good next step for me. Also, I want landing gear LOL