Solved Willy Nillies (to be released) Eaglet 250

kilroy07

Legendary member
There are 3 things I highly recommend you do to the ender 3, fortunately it's now offered as a kit!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5VJ29X/?tag=lstir-20
Although... mine hasn't arrived yet, but this might actually be a better option for the extruder upgrade (might even do flexible!)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SY745CF/?tag=lstir-20

Whether the 3 or the 3 Pro, that's more of a question of do you (personally) think it's worth the extra (some do, some don't) but both still need the upgrades listed (metal extruder, better bowden tube and stiffer bed springs.) also watch the youtube series from tomb of 3D printed horrors (lots of good info especially the build video!)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Lbnd97HV3rU98gcwHklzQ/videos

Turbojoe

Elite member
The only thing close to an upgrade I've done to "mine" (daughters) is to add a few washers under the bed springs in lieu of buying stronger springs. Why spend when you don't have to.... I'm still fighting a losing battle with trying to achieve zero tolerance calibration vs print. I KNOW it won't happen but it won't stop me from trying......

OK, so my intended Eaglet 250 build thread is sufficiently polluted with 3D printing now. It's 100% MY fault. I'll try to get a mod to close this thread so I can start a new one (when I get the kit). I posted more questions and will likely post even more in the dedicated 3D printing thread in the 3D printer forum HERE: LINK.

Joe

Last edited:

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hey Joe!

We are getting so very close. This is turning out to be a very special little airplane and is exceeding all of my expectations. We do have the wire gear and window patterns PDF available to download on our site at http://www.willynillies.com/downloads/ Print at 100% and the patterns will be full size. Do not print the attached picture, it is for reference viewing only.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Attachments

• Eaglet 250 wire patterns 12-28-19.jpg
    Eaglet 250 wire patterns 12-28-19.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hey Joe!

We are getting so very close. This is turning out to be a very special little airplane and is exceeding all of my expectations. We do have the wire gear and window patterns PDF available to download on our site at http://www.willynillies.com/downloads/ Print at 100% and the patterns will be full size. Do not print the attached picture, it is for reference viewing only.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Note: The necessary wire is included with the kit.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Note: The necessary wire is included with the kit.

With the new laws coming would it be possible to maybe put the reasonable All Up Weights using the recommended configurations you give so we may better choose for those of us that will be relegated to the <250g club as our only options to fly? Could be on their spec page or a running list here which might help others as well.

Turbojoe

Elite member
Thanks Doug. I downloaded the file. Kinda funny. I put the printout up next to my Eaglet 50 and both of the tiny 250 side windows fit in one of the Eaglet 50 windows. This is gonna be fun size!

Joe

Willy Nillies

Elite member
With the new laws coming would it be possible to maybe put the reasonable All Up Weights using the recommended configurations you give so we may better choose for those of us that will be relegated to the <250g club as our only options to fly? Could be on their spec page or a running list here which might help others as well.
Hi There,

Every single one of our kits come in under the 250 gram weight limit. If you click on each aircraft, in the description list the finish weights. They are pretty darn accurate.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
ahh ty sir. I was busy looking at power train requirements to match correct packages I must have missed that. I will be placing my first order soon now that I have an idea what I want to try.

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hey Joooooeeee...... Looking like kits will be ready to start shipping Thursday/Friday. 🙂

This is a very special little airplane that I am Very happy with!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_145543307.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145543307.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200107_145533465.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145533465.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200107_145522404.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145522404.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200107_145151894.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145151894.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200107_145106201.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145106201.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200107_145117727.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145117727.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200107_145126064.jpg
    IMG_20200107_145126064.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

TooJung2Die

Master member
Yay!!! That looks great. I've been craving for a new airplane build and was just about to start a kit. It'll be hard but I think I can hold off until the Eaglet arrives. Seeing the construction is giving me some ideas to make it look even more like the Goldberg Eaglet.

Turbojoe

Elite member
Yay!!! That looks great. I've been craving for a new airplane build and was just about to start a kit. It'll be hard but I think I can hold off until the Eaglet arrives. Seeing the construction is giving me some ideas to make it look even more like the Goldberg Eaglet.

Curious what you would change? The only standout for me right now is the wing tips. They were easy enough to do in balsa when I built my all balsa Eaglet 50. It would be cool if the windows could be cut out but it probably would compromise fuselage strength.. There's a reason I ordered two kits. LOL. ;)

Joe

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hi Guys,

The outline of the Eaglet is pretty darn true to the original. The Kit has Eaglet shaped wingtips included. Only the structure is highly updated to our system and of course shrunk way down. You guys are gonna love this little bird!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Turbojoe

Elite member
After seeing the pictures I'm SO glad I ordered enough of the "PeeWee" motors for both Eaglets and the Skylark. I feel like a little kid now waiting for it to get here.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
That's a nice thick firewall. Looks like I can make my steerable nose gear work after all. Sorry Doug. I just can't leave anything unmodified.....

Joe