WL Toys V912 Brushless Review

shortbus1989

I do random gravitychecks
I've been given the awesome opportunity to review the WL Toys V912 courtesy of banggood .com.

Unbox/Maiden flight and Aggressive flight video at the bottom.

Overview:

This is a 4 channel fixed pitch helicopter, it comes in black, orange and red or a mixture of yellow black and green. It measures about 16 inches long and uses a brushless main motor and brushed tail motor. The battery is a 850mah 7.4v lipo battery, the esc is ziptied to the battery and does not have any shrink rap around it. I'm unsure of how many amps it is, I would guess between 10-15 amps. Banggood does not send this the V912 in the original box, they use a small but usually better box to ship in. This is a good thing as they were kind enough to ship mine in the original box, see the below pictures for the box damage and proof their shipping method seems to be best for overseas.

Specs:
4 Channels
Helicopter Length: 52cm (20.4 inches) This is blade tip to tip.
Helicopter Hight: 15.5cm (6.1 inches)
Helicopter Width: 8.5cm (3.3 inches)
Helicopter Weight: About 296g (10.4 ounces)
Main Motor:Brushless
Tail Motor: Brushed
Range: About 100m (328 feet)
Flying Time: About 8 Minutes
Charging Time: About 120 Minutes
INPUT:AC110V~240V 50/60Hz
Transmitter Battery: 4 x AA Battery
Helicopter Battery: 7.4V 850mAh Lipo

Where to order:
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V912-4CH-Brushless-RC-Helicopter-With-Gyro-RTF-p-922661.html

Flight:

First off this is not my first 4 channel FP helicopter, I own the V911, V912 brushed, V913 Brushed and the ever popular MJX F45. This is by far the fastest out of all of them, the brushless motor provides so much more thrust. The brushed tail seemed to keep up just fine, I was flying a left hand turn circuit to keep the rpms on the tail lower. After about 8 minutes of flight the low voltage cut off comes on and the helicopter does drop fairly fast, so keep in close as I almost smashed into some trees due to this(not the V912's fault as I usually don't fly that long). Hovering is very easy with all WL products and this helicopter doesn’t disappoint in this aspect. When doing full throttle climb outs the tail does lag abit, I would not recommend doing this a lot as it may reduce the life of the brushed tail, then again a new tail motor is only $4.00.

The good:
Best flying 4 channel FP I own.
Brushless main motor.
Tough construction.
Just the right size
Parts are cheap compared to other brands.
Cheap only 79.99 at the time of this review.

The Bad:
Still has brushed tail.
Doesn't cook dinner.
Esc location(can be easily moved)

Pictures:

Packaging - can see the box is damaged but the helicopter escaped with minor damage(again keep in mind banggood will send replacement parts for damage and uses better packaging to ensure this doesn't happen).
DSC_0199.JPG DSC_0200.JPG DSC_0201.JPG DSC_0202.JPG DSC_0206.JPG DSC_0207.JPG

Everything in the box
DSC_0203.JPG

V912 brushless vs Brushed vs Dynam 450
DSC_0208.JPG DSC_0209.JPG DSC_0210.JPG DSC_0211.JPG DSC_0212.JPG DSC_0213.JPG DSC_0214.JPG DSC_0215.JPG DSC_0218.JPG DSC_0221.JPG

Unbox and Maiden
Aggressive FLight

Conclusion:

If you want a helicopter with out the danger of the 450 or 300 sized collective pitch helis then this is the helicopter for you. Cheap, easy, and most of all fun to fly.

Last edited:

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Seems like a nice little fixed pitch heli! It's quite old-fashioned nowadays to use a flybar with weights only to stabilize a helicopter, but it works quite good it seems! While still having good control over the helicopter.

It seems to fly quite like my honeybee FP V2. And yes captain, I think this is a decent outdoor trainer heli :)

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Oh wow, for $60 on amazon, this is a GREAT substitute for the Blade 200SRX! A lot cheaper!
No 'beginner' mode on this thing, but hey, that only holds back your progress ;)

airhawk

Crashing Ace
i had a v911 it was kind of boring to fly for me maybe not so much for a beginner im getting an align 450 clone tomorrow cant wait

airhawk

Crashing Ace
I had the v911, I loved it.

it would be fun but ive flown 4 fixed pitch helis and i was tired of them i wanted a collective pitch .
so today im getting a 450 T- Rex clone without a battery and the battery is a 6s for 58 bucks so i went on hobby king and order everything for 51 bucks but now i have to wait 6 days for a battery

airhawk

Crashing Ace
I've been given the awesome opportunity to review the WL Toys V912 courtesy of banggood .com.

Unbox/Maiden flight and Aggressive flight video at the bottom.

Overview:

This is a 4 channel fixed pitch helicopter, it comes in black, orange and red or a mixture of yellow black and green. It measures about 16 inches long and uses a brushless main motor and brushed tail motor. The battery is a 850mah 7.4v lipo battery, the esc is ziptied to the battery and does not have any shrink rap around it. I'm unsure of how many amps it is, I would guess between 10-15 amps. Banggood does not send this the V912 in the original box, they use a small but usually better box to ship in. This is a good thing as they were kind enough to ship mine in the original box, see the below pictures for the box damage and proof their shipping method seems to be best for overseas.

Specs:
4 Channels
Helicopter Length: 52cm (20.4 inches) This is blade tip to tip.
Helicopter Hight: 15.5cm (6.1 inches)
Helicopter Width: 8.5cm (3.3 inches)
Helicopter Weight: About 296g (10.4 ounces)
Main Motor:Brushless
Tail Motor: Brushed
Range: About 100m (328 feet)
Flying Time: About 8 Minutes
Charging Time: About 120 Minutes
INPUT:AC110V~240V 50/60Hz
Transmitter Battery: 4 x AA Battery
Helicopter Battery: 7.4V 850mAh Lipo

Where to order:
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V912-4CH-Brushless-RC-Helicopter-With-Gyro-RTF-p-922661.html

Flight:

First off this is not my first 4 channel FP helicopter, I own the V911, V912 brushed, V913 Brushed and the ever popular MJX F45. This is by far the fastest out of all of them, the brushless motor provides so much more thrust. The brushed tail seemed to keep up just fine, I was flying a left hand turn circuit to keep the rpms on the tail lower. After about 8 minutes of flight the low voltage cut off comes on and the helicopter does drop fairly fast, so keep in close as I almost smashed into some trees due to this(not the V912's fault as I usually don't fly that long). Hovering is very easy with all WL products and this helicopter doesn’t disappoint in this aspect. When doing full throttle climb outs the tail does lag abit, I would not recommend doing this a lot as it may reduce the life of the brushed tail, then again a new tail motor is only $4.00.

The good:
Best flying 4 channel FP I own.
Brushless main motor.
Tough construction.
Just the right size
Parts are cheap compared to other brands.
Cheap only 79.99 at the time of this review.

The Bad:
Still has brushed tail.
Doesn't cook dinner.
Esc location(can be easily moved)

Pictures:

Packaging - can see the box is damaged but the helicopter escaped with minor damage(again keep in mind banggood will send replacement parts for damage and uses better packaging to ensure this doesn't happen).
View attachment 24621 View attachment 24622 View attachment 24623 View attachment 24624 View attachment 24625 View attachment 24626

Everything in the box
View attachment 24627

V912 brushless vs Brushed vs Dynam 450
View attachment 24628 View attachment 24629 View attachment 24630 View attachment 24631 View attachment 24632 View attachment 24633 View attachment 24634 View attachment 24635 View attachment 24636 View attachment 24637

Unbox and Maiden
Aggressive FLight

Conclusion:

If you want a helicopter with out the danger of the 450 or 300 sized collective pitch helis then this is the helicopter for you. Cheap, easy, and most of all fun to fly.

it cant cook what kind of deal is this;)

Nixzero

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know where I can find one of these helis today? I can only find the brushed one online.

I know it's an outdated model, but I have the accessories it uses and would like to try them out.