Icarus Aerospace TAV (w/plans)

leaded50

Legendary member
im in restituation after surgery, and booooooored. A new build in idea, a high wing, agile, fun flyer and floaty close to a sailplane. One or two motors. Not a typical "Cessna eg.... whats to be found?
Earlier i made eg. a Su-80 twinboom plane who is more or less a passenger/transport plane that liked much... i wants something ells.. sporty, tactital military?

cyclone3350

Master member
im in restituation after surgery, and booooooored. A new build in idea, a high wing, agile, fun flyer and floaty close to a sailplane. One or two motors. Not a typical "Cessna eg.... whats to be found?
Earlier i made eg. a Su-80 twinboom plane who is more or less a passenger/transport plane that liked much... i wants something ells.. sporty, tactital military?
I would like to see someone build a Twin Champion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champion_Lancer

Attachments

• 2_motor_champ.jpg
    2_motor_champ.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 0

cyclone3350

Master member
a bit "booring" for me :LOL:, too standardized typical

I have been laid out the past 3 weeks from Covid including 10 days in the hospital. I am just getting back some strength and right now my covering 1/4 Sig Cub (my avatar) looks about as complicated as I think I can handle. I know that U will come up with something completely unusual and totally awesome. (y)

leaded50

Legendary member
I have been laid out the past 3 weeks from Covid including 10 days in the hospital. I am just getting back some strength and right now my covering 1/4 Sig Cub (my avatar) looks about as complicated as I think I can handle. I know that U will come up with something completely unusual and totally awesome. (y)

hopefully... my creativity isnt "fully loaded back to normal" after the surgery... Havent had any covid problems, happily enough!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Maybe a bit simpler than you have in mind, but as a high wing twin boom (just as a concept) my Twin Boom T.T. has turned out to be an awesome little plane.

I need to get a video up of V2...

LitterBug

Techno Nut
OV10 Bronco FTW!!!! With glider wings as @Hondo76251 said!

leaded50

Legendary member
OV10..... a plane "many" have made even as commercial..:p
BUT, idea :unsure:
Icarus Aerospace TAV , a close air support tactical twin-boom aircraft concept from Canada. Its more like a modern OV10.. and their WASP version is like the Bronco... but the Branta is same airplane, just with longer wings!
Then make the Wasp, posibillity to tyake off tips of the wings, and put on the Branta "extensions" for "glideflyer"/more trainer alike :).

I have some resources stored on that from before..

Icarus-Iteration-4-Render-30-Manned-and-unmanned-air-2-1024x576.jpg

and the Branta:

Branta.png

leaded50

Legendary member
U got that far already? I guess they will never find moss growing under your feet.
the "cone" here i had from before, made in a project try-out. The hatch/cockpit i made by the pvc foamboard i had a bit more of, easy to shape, and it keeps strong.
It took longer time (started when found that that was the next build) to make up a kind of 3D view, from pictures found of the plane. None direct from top, none directly from side and none from front/rear :cautious:. Anyway it was possible yo sort out what lines of design who would be seen in the angles, and who not. That was only way to get the measures more exact, since no answer/info from the project company (yet, at least) . When that was clear, it was pretty easy find out how the formers needs look, and shape.

Last edited: