A place to put all of your diy micro (indoor size) quad things!

Cereal_Killer

For those looking for a micro class with acro mode, who not just buy a $15 Hubsan X4 and run BradWii on it for full control / mode changes / tuning ability? All you need is it, a compatible transmitter (like a Devo) and a $3 TTL adapter (such as an FDTI or CP201x) and a $4 "ST-Link V2" (the ST-link is to flash it originally, then use the TTY to talk to it for MW GUI).

slarti42uk

3D printed scratch build

Hi,

I Just thought I'd put up a pic of the micro I've just built. I saw a video for the camera and impulsively bought it for my hubsan X4 but it didn't get off the ground. Then one thing lead to another, research into brushless flight controllers and micro RX and... well here we are.

Spec:
Camera: MicroFPV.eu (Lefthand circular polarised antena)
FC: multiFlite NANO-B-FC Flight Controller v1.1 (here)
RX: MicroFRX for use with my Taranis (here)
Motors: 8.5mm brushed micro motors (here)
Props: Walkera ladybird (here)
Frame: custom 3D printed. Yet to upload to Thingiverse
Legs: Cottonbuds!!! (Q-tips??)
Battery: 300mAh 1S lipo (here) Note: the battery connector on these is reversed from normal
Removable printed prop guards to help indoor flying in a very small house :)

AUW: 64.6g with battery (56.2g without)
Flight times: 2:30 (shorter than I hopped for but planning to see how it does with a 600Ah pack at 72.5g AUW)

Hope this is the right place to put this rather than it's own thread.

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

slarti42uk

I forgot to mention but this board flies SO WELL!!! It runs full Cleanflight and I used some PIDs from one of the forum posts with the Luxfloat PID controller.

Screenshot 2015-11-20 01.08.23.png

jipp

looks like about 54.00 to build the 110 wisp from hobbyking.. i do like the looks of that frame. i may build one this summer.

chris.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hahaha tell them YOU will take the apartment. that way you have an uncluttered indoor race course to fly over winter and on bad weather days.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I've been looking at this package from Banggood. It is about the same price if I were to buy the parts on my own. There is also this 3D printed frame that I really like.

Someone on the dRonin IRC channel was asking if dRonin could run on that the other day. It won't though, as that board isn't based on any that dRonin supports. And since it uses an external USB chip which complicates flashing it (basically the same issues Naze32 has with being flashed with dRonin) there's basically zero interest from the devs in supporting it.

Neat looking setup...though I'm still wary of anything with brushed motors given my past experience with brushed quads and how quickly the motors wear out. I suspect the "ducts" on the inductrix help the motors last longer by minimizing impacts on the props.

Still...just a few years ago I remember people trying to find cams/tx's small enough to strap on a Syma X1 and not finding anything. Now we've got smaller quads that can lift a FPV setup no problem. I love watching technology jump like this :D

Morgan

You can get a brushless micro drone called an elf for about 125$ bnf . It is half a cm bigger than a tiny woop.