Anyone else having an issue uploading pictures in the article section ?

Scottie

Why cant I upload any pictures to my unpublished articles ? for that matter I cant even change my account image....
Ive had an article pending since july 8th,starting too think my account is broke :(

Help !!:confused:

Why cant I upload any pictures to my unpublished articles ? for that matter I cant even change my account image....
Ive had an article pending since july 8th,starting too think my account is broke :(

Help !!:confused:

I can't help, but I can commiserate. I can't upload pictures from my home computer, but I can from my work computer. I have no idea why, but I suspect it has something to do with browser or security settings. I do know that at home it doesn't matter whether I am using IE or Chrome.

The interface for entering articles is very buggy in general. This is just one of many frustrations.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'll pass this along to the IT guy. I know he's been working on trying to fix a spam issue that's been hitting the articles section bad lately.

~Fred

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Was about to send FM a message on facebook asking this but figured I should check the forum first :)

Same problem. Trying to write an article but photo attachments aren't working and it won't let me upload a thumbnail :(

It will let me link to photos hosted elsewhere and to videos...but I was trying to keep the article self-contained.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi, everyone!

We just pushed a larger update on the article section that addresses the image upload but also brings a much more powerful WYSIWYG editor. We've been working on this for the past few days and decided to push the fix and upgrade at once.

The reason behind the issues is that the old image uploader was Flash based - which as you may know is currently being phased out in most browsers. The new editor and uploader are fully compatible between modern browsers, but if you notice any issues please do let me know. We will make some final corrections in the next few days in terms of styling, but everything should be functional and good to go.

Fred, thank you!

All the best,
Robert

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Damn...now I don't have an excuse to put the needle cutter article off any longer.

Thanks Robert.

No - seriously as a web developer myself I know the kind of effort that goes into this stuff. So no sarcasm thanks for what you do :)

But I still was hoping to put off writing the article another night or two :p