APM 2.6 Arducopter issues, not giving in!

Wallaby

Hi, new to the world, picked up a couple of used apm 2.6 arducopter flight controllers. Yes, I know they are ancient, and I know there are better modern ones at a good price, but this has become a battle of stubbornness now, even though there is better, they should work, and I have come to the conclusion I am the weak link in the chain, being a complete novice. In attempt to get functioning, I have set the card with Arduino Mega 2560 using IDE 2, changed the usb driver with Zadig, and even managed to get a firmware flash on it from Mission Planner, but when you go to connect to Mission Planner, No Dice!! I really just want to get this working now just through spite if nothing else. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Wallaby

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'll have to dig one of mine out and give it a test. Been a while since I have dusted them off. What version of ArduCopter did you flash on it?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I hooked my good ol APM up using mission planner running in linux. It connected fine on the first try. I am using the latest version of mission planner. Make sure you have the correct COM port selected before hitting the Connect button.

LB

IMG_20240425_082051756.jpg

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Ok, so Windows 10, the dropdown showed COM7 Arduino Mega2560(COM7). It would not work at baud rate 500000 which works for my newer FCs, but did work at 115200 baud.

COM port in dropdown
1714231444124.png

Working with lower baud rate:
1714231572062.png

The fact that it let you update firmware means you are really close....

Cheers!
LitterBug

Wallaby

Thank you, thought I would have another go given your efforts, seems since I last tried its gone backwards! Both now just have a solid Amber light when plugged in and not found by Mission Planner, think it might be time to admit defeat.
Image.jpeg

Wallaby

Tried 3, still orange, nothing flashing. Looked in device manager, not even showing up as being connected anywhere. Think its time to quit, unless anybody knows how to wipe and reformat and load a Arducopter 2.6??