Baby Bugatti

nautilusroom

At 40", you are pretty close to my 1/6 scale version... need a 1600W contra motor setup? ;)

hahaha Josh, I guess I am just in the middle of you guys. But your design can't be beaten. i really love your Bugatti. If mine flies I will build a XPS fuselage and installing a Contra Motor Setup.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I will mount the Propdrive v2 3536 1800kv with a APC 8x6 - 8x4 or 9x6, not sure about that. Lets se how it all work out. I will bring my headcam with me:rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek: WOW!

That thing will be a beast on that setup! Let me know how that works. I have a V1 of that motor that is currently not on an air frame.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
I've just gotten the hang of mine, all it needed was more elevator throw and a 3/4 to full throttle launch, the recommended half throttle launch was inadequate for this heavily loaded airplane (3S 1000mAh battery is heavy). It's a fast little thing, and everyone at the field loves it. Nobody has seen a little plane like this handle the wind so well, but that all comes down to being relatively streamlined and having a high wing loading. Wind that bounces a stabilized UMX Mustang around doesn't even phase my Baby Bugatti. It's actually better to fly on a windy day because you can slow it down a lot more for the landing.

I'm going to buy an RS2205 and build a mini Mustang or Corsair, and I want to try it out on this plane with the 6x4. My concern is the weight, it's a 30g motor vs the 18g motor on there now. Between the big battery, the paint and the hot glue from the repairs my plane is already quite overweight.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I've just gotten the hang of mine, all it needed was more elevator throw and a 3/4 to full throttle launch, the recommended half throttle launch was inadequate for this heavily loaded airplane (3S 1000mAh battery is heavy). It's a fast little thing, and everyone at the field loves it. Nobody has seen a little plane like this handle the wind so well, but that all comes down to being relatively streamlined and having a high wing loading. Wind that bounces a stabilized UMX Mustang around doesn't even phase my Baby Bugatti. It's actually better to fly on a windy day because you can slow it down a lot more for the landing.

I'm going to buy an RS2205 and build a mini Mustang or Corsair, and I want to try it out on this plane with the 6x4. My concern is the weight, it's a 30g motor vs the 18g motor on there now. Between the big battery, the paint and the hot glue from the repairs my plane is already quite overweight.

WOOHOO! SO glad you had a success, finally. :cool:

I've got two RS2205 motors as well, currently on my "Angry Bee", but I think I might repurpose them shortly. ;)

Also, this all reminds me that I STILL need to post the updated 24" span plans! I think the original size Baby would handle the RS2205 'ok', but it would be a perfect fit on the 24" model.

Stay tuned!

Allenhat

I'm eagerly waiting on those plans. I really enjoyed the smaller one and can't wait to try a slightly bigger one out.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i would love a 24 as well. i have the smaller still in the works but once again am not really happy with the final product. i really want to build one but i have several, small, fast, wall flowers as it is and don't really want to spend the time to crash another. :rolleyes:

laters,

jason ;)

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
I slammed it into the ground at full throttle doing a low pass. It was drifting too close to me due to a crosswind and when I rolled and pulled I clipped a cone and it went into the ground at high speed. Nose ripped off, tail hanging by the pushrods, but looks completely repairable (nothing crushed, just ripped). Surprisingly the little prop was fine. I'll rebuild it if I really tear it up, but I would like to build a slightly larger (24") one in the future for that RS2205.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
My lost Baby Banana Bugatti came home!! Someone at the club found it back in the woods and left it on the charging bench. Not too bad for spending the summer in a tree.
2017-09-21 22.16.12.jpg

Needs a little tape and glue I think. :black_eyed:

2017-09-21 19.37.43.jpg

All the electronics work except the battery is at a flat zero volts. It was also the maiden flight of that battery so I'm thinking about trying the ni-cad charge setting to see if I can bring it back to life. It's not even a little bit puffy - yet.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Nice, now I have a decision to make. I've crashed my baby bugatti for the last time, it had some adverse roll with elevator deflection after the last repair that suddenly got bad and caused me to roll it into the ground instead of turning while doing a high speed pass. It doesn't make any sense to repair it again at this point because it is just getting rougher and harder to fly. I'm on the fence now as to whether I want to build the 24" model for the 2205 motor or stick with the regular size and see if it flies ok with that lump on it, but I'm leaning towards building another regular sized one.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I haven't had much experience tiling diagrams but I have had some success using a spreadsheet program, believe it or not. I just open a new spreadsheet, delete the table, insert the drawing, and then resize it until it spans the number of pages I expect it to for a given scale. Be sure to reduce the print margins to minimum too so that matching them up will be easier.

FishStix

Just finished making mine, I don't know why I decided that a race plane would make a good first-plane. I am still waiting for the electronics from FliteTest and my radio and receiver from NewEgg. Excited for next week!

mohammedam

I honestly hadn't thought about another prop, I was so focused on simplifying. Maybe I'll throw one on for static display, but I'm not sure there'll be room for it to actually be on when spinning. But I'll just have to wait and see when the motor arrives tomorrow.But all i wanna ask is which company or who makes bugatti engines.I have heard that bugatti cars are built with high power.