Can't wait for the FT Sparrow

Pluc

I can't wait to see how you designed the FT Sparrow. I tried to design something that looks similar last summer based on the Alula wing shape as a slope soarer. But it was super unstable and I gave up. Is ut gonna be motorised or is it a soarer? 2015-10-14 12.58.44.jpg 2015-10-14 12.58.55.jpg 2015-10-14 12.58.32.jpg

Last edited:

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
I am really excited too! I also tried to design something like this based off of the FPV talon plane, but it was underpowered and crashed. I hope this plane is powered in the back so it will be good for FPV. Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 6.53.23 PM.png

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
It can be a glider or a pusher. Peter was flying one on periscope a few weeks ago.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
So, Sponz, you have the plans, but can't release them???

Not even for Christmas???? :)

I do not have the plans. But even if I did, I couldn't release them to you early. Sorry. :black_eyed:

adamooo

It's a free flight glider, but I saw them running it with their "A" motor pack on a recent Periscope.

Periscope on 12/22 showed Josh flying one as FPV on the "A" pack with a board-camera embedded in the very nose of the plane. He discussed the possibility of extending the nose slightly for the existing design so that battery & FPV gear in the nose would balance the motor at the rear. Before putting the gear in he said it took a 800-1000mAh pack all the way in the nose to balance right.

It looked zippy and fun on the "A" pack (1806?), it was not a calm day so bounced around a bit but it looked quick & swoopy.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
where do you guys get the dates for the periscope shows?

There are no 'scheduled' dates for periscope shows. It's a livestream feed done whenever they feel like doing one. If you have periscope on your mobile device and you follow Flite Test on Twitter, you will get an alert (if you have your notifications turned on) when they start a live broadcast on periscope. They typically make the replay available (which is limited 24 hours after the livestream).

Merrixs

They used to post stuff like this in the extra section or the gremlin channel before this silly periscope thing started happening. I for one do not like the replacement with periscope.

marblekit

The Sparrow fits on one sheet of foamboard and took me about 10 minutes to build. I was a volunteer at the Make & Take and helped some people build their first Flitetest plane. It was interesting helping others build these planes as I have built many myself before but never helped anyone else. It only took my a few minutes to figure out how to put it together even without any prior knowledge of this build.

20160108_142344 (Large).jpg