Can't wait for the FT Sparrow

Pancho

Can't wait for the design to be available. We were there on Sunday and they ran out of kits. Not FT's fault as they did have a few people get greedy on the "take" part and take off with about 50+ kits. And, it was more successful than they thought. Can't wait for the plans!!!

IMG_20160108_163843280_TOP (1024x773).jpg

dgrigor02

Hi m very new to this site and have built a ft swappable but m facing problem with the electronics already have burnt 3esc can u help me out

Best to start a new thread. Describe your the equipment your using motor , esc, prop. The plane your flying etc. Should be able to get some quick answers.

Most common is trying to run too large of prop for the motor and/or esc your using.

AdamV

i think they mentioned in podcast #105 it was planned for a late Feb release. Mini Arrow might scratch the same itch and likely could use same electronics.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
It's meant to be a chuck glider, so no channels... ;-)

But Josh mentioned it can be upgrade with electronics :). Since it's a V-tail it'll probably need one channel for thrust and two for the V-tail mix?

Dan should know if the plans have ailerons too ;)

CalebR

FT sparrow impressions?

The plans and the build video came out today and it looks like a neat plane! However fuse space and CG look like it may be challenging. I also noticed that the one in the build as well as the plans did not have ailerons like the ones in Monday's episode. Although i know that it was specifically designed to be a free flight, it looks really awesome and seems like it would be great for RC with a few mods. I haven't messed around with scale of any planes yet, but it looks like this one would benefit from an upgrade in size..maybe 120%? It also looks the nose/fuse could also be extended/widened to accommodate smaller/bigger batteries, fpv gear, and more room for servos. Let me know what you guys think! looks like a cool plane! I am actually excited to have an FT design to modify and play around with to challenge my engineering skills!:)

akarmy

Ok, everyones asking about Ailerons, go back to the video and you'll see lots of them!

Looks like they are cut at the same position as the underside wing folds back. With the servo mounted inside the wing fold as many of the other designs have (see the mini mustang as one example). Seems like then you could go to just elevator on the V-tail as I doubt you much need ruddervators in normal flying once you have ailerons.

maybe we will hear from Josh about why they posted without them? Or maybe there will be two versions, or maybe maybe maybe... :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 4.06.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 4.05.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 4.04.29 PM.png

dgrigor02

Being cold outside, no leaves on the trees, If I build it, will turn it into a tractor. I feel too quilty flying at the neighborhood park as a pusher becuase the noise really carries. I'm sure the neighbors aren't thrilled although they probably don't have the windows open either. Will loose the durability from nose crashes as a tractor though.

Being cold outside, no leaves on the trees, If I build it, will turn it into a tractor. I feel too quilty flying at the neighborhood park as a pusher becuase the noise really carries. I'm sure the neighbors aren't thrilled although they probably don't have the windows open either. Will loose the durability from nose crashes as a tractor though.

Fly it as a pusher until the neighbors complain... ;)