Connecting a lost model alarm / voltage alarm on Femto F3 F.C. - FT Gremlin

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
The beeper is still a worthy addition because it gives you the low voltage alarm, it can also give audible indications on settings change (arm, flight mode, etc)

NiCK_NaMe

Already bought the pezio alarm. So I will definitely use it. Looks like I have a lot to learn. This will be fun! Thanks for the advice makattack.

NiCK_NaMe

SOLVED!

My problem is solved.

I soldered the pezio alarm to the soldering points we were talking about earlier.

And That's all I did. When I turn off my TX, it starts to BEEP! there was no configuring necessary in Betaflight. IMG_2651.JPG

Solder wires with correct polarity and heat shrink exposed ends.
The pezio buzzer I used operates between 4~6V
piezo-buzzer.jpg

I drilled 2 holes into the top of the frame that it sits on, measured, cut, stripped, tinned and soldered wires to the BUZZER solder pads on the Flight Controller and this is the end result:
2017-06-15 23.27.52.jpg
2017-06-15 23.27.10.jpg

NiCK_NaMe

Okay so I just can't stop tinkering with everything.

I also soldered the voltage alarm on. I did some de-soldering to disconnect the part you would connect to the servo on a airplane. Just to get it out of the way of the RX. (Gremlin is tiny!!!)

Then I prepared the wires to be soldered on the the batter pads, in tandem with the battery connector. If I would have know I was going to do this during the build I would have done a Y solder with the wires. But whatever, it works.

(I wouldn't attempt this unless your confident at soldering, everything is VERY tiny and you have not much room with all the other components in there)
2017-06-16 00.13.01.jpg

2017-06-16 00.13.58.jpg

This shows how much room you have to play with if anyone stumbles across this and wants to copy it.

2017-06-16 00.14.34.jpg

It's all quite a tight fit.

2017-06-16 00.15.23.jpg

But it works!

2017-06-16 00.33.15.jpg

NiCK_NaMe

Oh yeah BTW adding the voltage alarm is a pointless endeavor. Just enable VBAT in Betaflight... I just wanted to see if I can do it, so you don't have to.