Connecting speed controller with the motor

genjix

Hi! It's my first time build.

I've bought this Turnigy speed controller and the Turnigy Park300 brushless outrunner. The connections are both bare wires roughly 5mm exposed.

I've bought some gold connectors.

PMX2mmGC.jpg

Do I solder these onto the wires? I assume that I drop the solder through the holes on the side right? Do I need to wrap plastic tape around them after to prevent them shorting?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Good question, you can solder the male connector to the motor and the female connector to the esc, next cover all of the female connector with heat shrink tubing, but only the thick exposed base of the male connector.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
People usually use a bigger size of bullet connectors. Most I've seen is 3mm, for more power hungry ones even 5mm.

A lot of multirotor guys don't hassle with connectors anymore and just solder the wires together.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
People usually use a bigger size of bullet connectors. Most I've seen is 3mm, for more power hungry ones even 5mm.

A lot of multirotor guys don't hassle with connectors anymore and just solder the wires together.

True . . . but the park300 is < 100W motor. 2mm is fine.

Kenbow

You could, heat shrink just holds up better to handling and less likely to slide off it it gets warm.