CranialRectosis' Polakium Engineering Super Simple Spider Hex build

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Adam, has started selling the new moulded hex frames. The colors are awesome and are translucent so you can light the frame with LEDs. Since I crashed my printed frame, I have repaired it but have been waiting to see what the new frames look like before I rebuild.

I have an orange one (actually 2 because I like spares) on order with landing struts. Once in hand I will be rebuilding and running my 1806 DYS motors on 4S. Hopefully I will have this back in the air by next weekend. :):):)

cranialrectosis

Mentor
So it took me some real time to clean out the motors on this copter and get everything back into flying shape. I am only flying today on 3S and taking it very easy after that last hideous crash.

I have retired the old frame but it has been repaired and if I ever crater the new one to the point where it is un-repairable, it may still see service.

This new frame is BRIGHT. I added the LEDs to help me with orientation and between those and the rotors, it is pretty easy to see. I will get some video of this thing in the air once it stops raining.

NewFrameSide1.JPG NewFrameTopLights.JPG

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Looking good. I actually have a 5m strip of orange LED's I've been looking for something to do with since I bought them by mistake thinking I was ordering red :D

Maybe I should repaint my knuckle quad.....

cranialrectosis

Mentor
The gold LEDs on this copter are really bright (unlike purple) and really help me with orientation.

I gotta start thinking about low light conditions and colors that contrast with snow. We got snow in the high country today and the trees up at 10,000 ft are turning.

My new berings should be here in a day or two. The copter flies but a few of the motors sound pretty rough. The copter is WAY out of trim and wobbles. I have spares, but would hate to trash 5 or 6 motors after 3 flights.

I should also mention that for the first time, failsafe works. It took me a while to figure it all out but if I spin motors and turn off the transmitter or disconnect the receiver from the Naze, the motors stop and the Naze chirps.