four engine FT guinea pig 2 meters wingspan

yves.morele

Fantastic :D

Please, tell us the story.

I built a 100% standart model, 1.5 meter of wingspan and I wanted to build bigger .. I enlarged the plans to 140% and decided to put four motors and here is the result, 2 meters wingspan for a weight of 2Kg. It was only the test flight I will test it longer and put a five wheels twin landing gear (on the 100% model I put four)

Last edited:

yves.morele

bomb drop and reverse flight

I must strengthen the wings, on the looping after the second flight back they fold dangerously .....

yves.morele

four engine crash

i don't know wath happen with the transmitter but she beep continuously and no control of the plane (the esc is not fail i think because the motors is on before the crash)
the transmitter is a turnigy GTY-i6
if anyone had an idea ?
thank's

Yves

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yves, nice build and nice flying. I'm glad you were able to repair the plane and get it back up in the air and wow what a smooth landing.

Did you find why it crashed before? I was thinking maybe something either shifted inside or a control surface let go.

If you haven't already, would you introduce yourself and share some basic details like where you fly and how you got into the hobby?

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

yves.morele

thank you

Yves, nice build and nice flying. I'm glad you were able to repair the plane and get it back up in the air and wow what a smooth landing.

Did you find why it crashed before? I was thinking maybe something either shifted inside or a control surface let go.

If you haven't already, would you introduce yourself and share some basic details like where you fly and how you got into the hobby?

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

Hello Jim,
In fact the BEC of the ESC had a voltage drop and the voltage dropped below 4.2 volts from where the alarm on the receiver started and the loss of control just before the crash.
My father had practiced this hobby long time ago with thermal airplanes in balsa and classic interlining and radio in 40 Mhz but the technique of the time made it take 3 months to build the plane and 2 minutes to crash. ....
Two years ago I had a throat cancer with operation, radio and chemotherapy which left me inactive for a long time and so I decided to put myself on a model aircraft. My first planes were a wid hawk from REELY and a zoopa glider from ACME. Then I quickly set to build my own models in depron thanks to your forum and others and since then I have more than 20 models with more or less success.
I am 58 years old and it has been less than two years that I fly in France near NANCY
Again thanks to you and your forum
Yves

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Wild Hawkwas my first plane. I like the frame but reconfigured mine to work with ailerons.

Je suis étè en France il y'a beaucoups des ans. Donc je ne souviens pas parler ou ecriver bien.

yves.morele

merci

Wild Hawkwas my first plane. I like the frame but reconfigured mine to work with ailerons.

Je suis étè en France il y'a beaucoups des ans. Donc je ne souviens pas parler ou ecriver bien.

thank you Jim for speaking french and yes the wild hawk work fine with ailerons and it is simple to add

Yves

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yes but now I think I forgot a reflexive "me" before the "souviens".

Speaking foreign languages, even if you become super proficient, remains a perishible skill.

De rien.

But I remember a bit.

yves.morele

four engine drop bombs and shoot rockets

Yes but now I think I forgot a reflexive "me" before the "souviens".

Speaking foreign languages, even if you become super proficient, remains a perishible skill.

De rien.

But I remember a bit.

i agree with you Jim, it's hard for me to speak english

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
She flies well. I'm hoping to see more 4 motor models done as well as my own. I think we're overdue for a C-130 and a P-3 and several other excellent candidates.