FT Micro Adventure PNP For New Flyer

magisyn

First time flyer here. My son has been reading about and watching the Flite Test videos and is dead set on the FT Micro Adventure PNP. Being new to flying we have a few questions:

I received a reply from support and they said "You would need the DXS and the ar410 receiver, Zorro 4 in 1 and the r88, or the tx16s and the r88."

Of these controller receiver combinations is one set recommended over the other?
Our initial thought is to go with the Spektrum DXS 7-Channel DSMX Transmitter Only and the Spektrum AR410 4-channel DSMX Aircraft Receiver.

Can the above controller and receiver be used by transferring to other planes should we purchase another?

Is the OMP Hobby 2-cell 7.4v 300mAh 25c Battery compatible and chargeable by the B3 20W Compact Charger?

In the videos they refer to a 550 mAh battery but they only sell a 300 mAh battery; is it recommended that we find a 550 somewhere else or stick with the 300?

Any ideas on the flying time of the 300 mAh battery for this plane?

If someone could take a look at our cart and let me know if we are missing anything or if something isn't compatible we would truly appreciate the help.

Thank You!

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 10.33.26 AM.png

JDSnavely

That looks like a fun setup. I would say a couple more props would be recommended. I have a Spectrum DX6 and NX8 so I have a number of AR410s. They are small and work great. They are great for planes that don't need stabilization like the Mini Scout. So what you are getting is a great start. I've haven't flown the Micro Adventure but I would expect it to fly great and not need stabilization. Take a lot of time to get the setup correct and have some fun. You can also use this receiver in any of the scratch builds that you can make from dollar tree foam board and plans on the Flite Test website. All you would need is a power pack A or F and you can make a lot of additional planes! I, like most, have lost count how many we have! Welcome to the hobby!!!

JDSnavely

Also, perform your maiden flight on a calm day for best results! Watch the video on the Flite Test website about the steps to do before your 1st flight. https://www.flitetest.com/articles/first-flight-quick-tips

I perfer a maiden flight in the grass with somebody hand launching for me. A crash in grass will not likely result in damage or a broken prop. If it does, get out the hot glue. Fly, Crash, Fix, Repeat!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
First time flyer here. My son has been reading about and watching the Flite Test videos and is dead set on the FT Micro Adventure PNP. Being new to flying we have a few questions:

I received a reply from support and they said "You would need the DXS and the ar410 receiver, Zorro 4 in 1 and the r88, or the tx16s and the r88."

Of these controller receiver combinations is one set recommended over the other?
Our initial thought is to go with the Spektrum DXS 7-Channel DSMX Transmitter Only and the Spektrum AR410 4-channel DSMX Aircraft Receiver.

Can the above controller and receiver be used by transferring to other planes should we purchase another?

Is the OMP Hobby 2-cell 7.4v 300mAh 25c Battery compatible and chargeable by the B3 20W Compact Charger?

In the videos they refer to a 550 mAh battery but they only sell a 300 mAh battery; is it recommended that we find a 550 somewhere else or stick with the 300?

Any ideas on the flying time of the 300 mAh battery for this plane?

If someone could take a look at our cart and let me know if we are missing anything or if something isn't compatible we would truly appreciate the help.

Thank You!

View attachment 236940
I highly do not recommend the spektrum products. the ar410 is a way too expensive receiver for the price,a nd the dxs is a very underwhelming transmitter, having basically no features. For the same price, get a zorro 4 in 1 or for more, but better quality a tx16s. That way literrally any receiver will work with it other than special ones liek elrx or crossfire. I would recommend a flysky fsia6b instead of an r88, really good receivers iwth more channels and even cheaper. also get a b6 charger, 20 bucks, really cheap, and much better as well as being able to charge more types of batts and safer. Also, get a lipo safe bag. Even on amazon, things like batterries, chargers, radios, etc. will be much better and cheaper as well as no shipping and free returns. Also if you want a good, super cheap radio, use a flysky fsi6x. I am also really not sure about this, but people have said the adventure doesnt fly too well. Unlike everything else I have wrote about I have no experience with this, so this si up to you

luvmy40

Elite member
Your best bang for the buck would be the RadioMaster TX16S or Boxer. They will pair with a huge number of branded RX as they are 4-1 multi protocol and expandable.

The most fruggle yet usable radio would be the FlySky FSi6X You can find them with a 6 channel RX for $60+/-.

I use the FlySky protocol micro 4 channel receiver in my Micro Adventure. https://www.ebay.com/itm/144544133905 There is a little soldering required with these micro receivers.

$0.02, YMMV ;)