OMPHobby Challenger - A 46 inch balsa sporty, combat, trainer PNP airplane?

TJ_Williams

No, I'm not really sure what to call it, yes, it's all of those things.

Earlier this week we went out and did a bunch of recording. Here's the first of a few videos to come out of that!

Receiver ready for UNDER $200 ! We get the guys together and go fly some new OMP products. The Challenger was a nice surprise with how well a new airplane pilot could handle it on low rates and equally surprising for how well Donnie was able to rip it around! We say 49 inch in the video, but it's 46!

PNP Version with
Sunnysky 2820 1100kv motor
Eolo 12x6.5 prop
Eolo 40amp ESC
3s 2200mah 35c battery recommended

LitterBug

Techno Nut
¿What? You didn't FPV it??

LOL. Think I'll get one and 6S it. See if I can loose some parts....

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@TJ_Williams Do you have quads to keep up with that bad boy? Im guessing that was ripping in the 80+ range at times. Possibly over 100 on the running starts.

If you dont I can loan you TAZ.. It is proven to run straight line at 140+ mph. I suspect the redo of the Mach 1 is closer to 150 mark with the Gabby Chavez motors on it should I man up and put 5050 bi blades on it to actually test it.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have ru
@TJ_Williams Do you have quads to keep up with that bad boy? Im guessing that was ripping in the 80+ range at times. Possibly over 100 on the running starts.

If you dont I can loan you TAZ.. It is proven to run straight line at 140+ mph. I suspect the redo of the Mach 1 is closer to 150 mark with the Gabby Chavez motors on it should I man up and put 5050 bi blades on it to actually test it.
Have you seen the motors, props and ESCs BuddyRC sells??? He could build some crazy wicked XXX class birds! 😃

TJ_Williams

baaaahahahahahaha I actually just told the guys I wanted to make a LOS quad using the motor/prop combo the Challenger has. Maybe one day I'll convince them to let me build something stupid again lol.

chris398mx

Master member
No, I'm not really sure what to call it, yes, it's all of those things.

Earlier this week we went out and did a bunch of recording. Here's the first of a few videos to come out of that!

Receiver ready for UNDER $200 ! We get the guys together and go fly some new OMP products. The Challenger was a nice surprise with how well a new airplane pilot could handle it on low rates and equally surprising for how well Donnie was able to rip it around! We say 49 inch in the video, but it's 46!

PNP Version with
Sunnysky 2820 1100kv motor
Eolo 12x6.5 prop
Eolo 40amp ESC
3s 2200mah 35c battery recommended

is the edge you have been showing available to purchase yet from your store? If not, when will we be able to order one?

TJ_Williams

LOLOL I did NOTHING work/hobby related this weekend. This thread was great to open this morning. And you know I feel welcomed :p
I do want to do a remake of the giant drone! It feels less 'cool' since so many run the bigger racers now though lol.

And yeah the new planes are available on pre-order on the ohiomodelproducts.com (ohiomodelplanes.com) website. When they're here and released I'll have them on buddyrc.com too. Everything is in a container heading our way. Expected to land mid to late september with a second container right behind it.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I tried to pre-order one of the challengers over the weekend, but it won't let you. Missing parameter or something like that. Same thing today... Looking for a RED one....

LB

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
TJ,
So still no pre-order option.... Still looking for a RED one. I've seen the challenger pop up on a few u-toob unboxing vids... Any ETA on when the pre-order will be up?

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
WOOT WOOT! Just showed up in stock! Order placed! Trying to make sure I can do Local pickup.....

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
OH YEAH!!!!!
IMG_20201001_131026444.jpg

This was my fortune today
IMG_20201001_131450337.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug