OMPHobby Challenger - A 46 inch balsa sporty, combat, trainer PNP airplane?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
YAY!¡! Santa brought the EP ARF stock in to BuddyRC / OMP Hobby, So I can get back on this thread. What an awesome find on the sleigh this week!

By the sound of the snowplow and the scene out the window, I should have plenty of time to get all the hardware flipped over and the correct throw directions checked..... 😄

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Looks like Santa had one on his sleigh for me too! ALL the right boxes checked. Will unbox Soon......
IMG_20201226_133223615.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Unboxing #1. The outer shell removed. There was two sheets of puncture resistence Top/bottom provided by particle board. So the scrunch and punctures had no chance to impact the inner box, which now has a nice big picture and specification label.
DSCF2726.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_20201226_165152225.jpg
    IMG_20201226_165152225.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

TJ_Williams

Unboxing #1. The outer shell removed. There was two sheets of puncture resistence Top/bottom provided by particle board. So the scrunch and punctures had no chance to impact the inner box, which now has a nice big picture and specification label.
View attachment 187150
thanks for the pic! That was a change we pushed for for local hobby shops. A plain brown box doesn't work well on a shelf.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
thanks for the pic! That was a change we pushed for for local hobby shops. A plain brown box doesn't work well on a shelf.
Yeah, I'll get a better pic. My phone and the lighting weren't playing well the other day. A LOT of good info for the specs on the OMP web site too! BTW, What is a "hydraullic servo" And do you have any in stock?? (see the box)

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah, I'll get a better pic. My phone and the lighting weren't playing well the other day. A LOT of good info for the specs on the OMP web site too! BTW, What is a "hydraullic servo" And do you have any in stock?? (see the box)

Cheers!
LitterBug

I have seen hydraulic servos advertised as well. Got me thinkin maybe at some point building an RC track hoe like I used to operate when I was back home working for my father before I went in the Navy.

TJ_Williams

I have seen hydraulic servos advertised as well. Got me thinkin maybe at some point building an RC track hoe like I used to operate when I was back home working for my father before I went in the Navy.

Yeah ok, so THIS is what happens when the factory skips a step and doesn't let us proof read and edit...
So the challenger comes in either electric or ... NITRO...

1609272076333.png

LitterBug

Techno Nut
@TJ_Williams ,
It's the new Hydro-Electric Hybrid model! Yeah, that makes sense.

The EP ARF kit looks correct. Taking my time and doing a little work every day. Half tempted to make a Foamboard fuselage for all the parts left from the PNP I destroyed.... :-D

Last edited:

jollyGreenGiant

I got one of these and am really enjoying it, such a great flyer, it does everything really well.

I wish I could get it in just laser cut kit form or any form really, totally just sold out and have been for a while now. I want a backup.

1658447054297.png

ankaon

Anybody who knows what covering is used on the challenger, must do some repair on mine and want to get the same colour.