FT Mini Arrow

AdamV

Didn't a similar thing happen with the FT Explorer release? Or maybe it was Versacopter video. People were super eager!
On an unrelated note, my phone autocorrects Versacopter to 'Versace Pterydactyl'

I'm so all over this. Will be my 'work' plane, for sure!

Can't wait to build one

...and get my flight skills up to par to I can fly it :)

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
Worth the wait, nice episode. My Bushwacker may have to wait another week or. Once I finish the Tiny Trainer I will probably start on this.

Last edited:

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Loved the video and love the plane i have to get to building one as soon as a i restock on foam completely worth the hype.

Swanno

I was going to try another versa wing out of Australian foam board but this looks like it will be way easier to get the CG right with the material I have. Sorry Explorer you’re going to have to wait another week or so. I was going to call it DORA, paint it pink then give it to my brother AHAHAHAH.

xMeox

I also have printed plans for the explorer, but mine also has to wait.

I really hope they do not release the build video and plans also today :)

envy

DORA ! Haha briliant ! You'll need to make sure it has a "back pack, back pack" tho ! :cool:

I also loved the Mini Arrow ep! I've never tried FPV on a fixed wing, but i think this one will be the ticket. /orders more foamboard

Swanno

DORA ! Haha briliant ! You'll need to make sure it has a "back pack, back pack" tho ! :cool:

I also loved the Mini Arrow ep! I've never tried FPV on a fixed wing, but i think this one will be the ticket. /orders more foamboard

Where do you order your foam board from?

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Anyone know exactly where the video was shot. This looks like NE GA and I live up there and would love to find that place to fly LOL..

Kimpa

So if i have a 50mm EDF laying around at home, would this work to mount on this wing?
Should i place it on top of the wing or make a cut so it sucks air on both sides like a propeller?
Any advice from people who have built EDF wings before?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Anyone know the difference between A and F power packs (the recommended ones for this design)?

Power Pack F - EMAX 2204 is what I'm using on mine. I think that is going to give the best performance for this one.

buzuc

Looks great but will it work fine on a slope?

I would like someone to try a non motorized one before I build one...

paultbg

@ SP0NZ - c'mon put the links up don't be mean, the people want to start cutting while waiting for the video...