FT WR FB out of stock / Maker foam v2 might be coming soon.

Test Fly RC

Elite member
(Disclaimer: I do not know for sure that Maker Foam v2 will be a reality.)

Hey guys just wanted to start a discussion about FT WR Foam Board and the possibility of Maker Foam v2 (or something similar) being released soon!

So the FT brown water resistant foam boards (25 and 50 ct. boxes) are out of stock.

1640922963338.png

The probable reason for FT/Adams... to discontinue Maker Foam, is because something went wrong with the formula after a little while.
I know at least one person said "Maker Foam is worst than dollar tree foam!!".

Me Speculating:
FT probably has enough WR foam board to make their SBK's, but not enough to sell non SBK WR Foam Board, so what they might be doing is waiting on enough of the new Maker Foam (or the original maker foam, before the formula got skewed) ,and then they would probably sell boxes of them, hopefully!
Correct me if I'm wrong:)

And if you look at this video on @Splinter189 (John Overstreet's) YT channel and see the video of them printing Skyfx planes, you will see that the foam board their using looks an awful lot like Maker Foam or something similar.

Taildragger

Legendary member

Hey guys just wanted to start a discussion about FT WR Foam Board and the possibility of Maker Foam v2 (or something similar) being released soon!

So the FT brown water resistant foam boards (25 and 50 ct. boxes) are out of stock.

View attachment 214679

The probable reason for FT/Adams... to discontinue Maker Foam, is because something went wrong with the formula after a little while.

Me Speculating:
FT probably has enough WR foam board to make their SBK's, but not enough to sell non SBK WR Foam Board, so what they might be doing is waiting on enough of the new Maker Foam (or the original maker foam, before the formula got skewed) ,and then they would probably sell boxes of them, hopefully!

And if you look at this video on @Splinter189 (John Overstreet's) YT channel and see the video of them printing Skyfx planes, you will see that the foam board their using looks an awful lot like Maker Foam or something similar.

I'm pretty sure I heard on facebook somewhere from one of the FT guys that the skyFX are on maker foam and it will make a comeback :)

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

Me Speculating:

In this FTCA podcast, Josh stated he would not make the mistake of fully changing to only Maker Foam again. They will be using/selling both for a while, and be prepared for any surprises. (Starts at 46:33)

Last edited:

Test Fly RC

Elite member
In this FTCA podcast, Josh stated he would not make the mistake of fully changing to only Maker Foam again. They will be using/selling both for a while, and be prepared for any surprises. (Starts at 46:33)
Thanks for the podcast link!

Selling both kinds of FB would be nice,
but since I live out west here in N. Idaho,
I would amost be "Killed" by the shipping price not to mention people living over seas, like @Matthewdupreez and @Flitedesign 3d, let me guess, they would probably pay more on shipping then the cost of the Foam Board!

Hopefully, probably the shipping price will go down in the future, I think Josh or Lee said in a podcast, something like this: that some of their store problems were going to last for a few months.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Thanks for the podcast link!

Selling both kinds of FB would be nice,
but since I live out west here in N. Idaho,
I would amost be "Killed" by the shipping price not to mention people living over seas, like @Matthewdupreez and @Flitedesign 3d, let me guess, they would probably pay more on shipping then the cost of the Foam Board!

Hopefully, probably the shipping price will go down in the future, I think Josh or Lee said in a podcast, something like this: that some of their store problems were going to last for a few months.
How far north are ya?
Southern Idahoan here lol

Test Fly RC

Elite member
How far north are ya?
Southern Idahoan here lol
I'm a little less then a hour south of CDA Idaho,

I can see part of Washington state, from my parent's property where I live.

I used to live in Emmett Idaho from late 2015 to early 2020.

If you ever come up to the land of 2ft Snow then let me know, maybe you could bring a mini kit fox that someone on the FT Forums designed!:ROFLMAO:

Taildragger

Legendary member
I'm a little less then a hour south of CDA Idaho,

I can see part of Washington state, from my parent's property where I live.

I used to live in Emmett Idaho from late 2015 to early 2020.

If you ever come up to the land of 2ft Snow then let me know, maybe you could bring a mini kit fox that someone on the FT Forums designed!:ROFLMAO:
Your snow came down here a little bit, we got 10-11in of snow now
You can't tell too well from these vids because we plowed some of the snow with fourwheelers

Golddredger

My business cutting plane kits of our design is at a standstill until we can source some foam board. What's the estimated eta on the foam board. Also this is the first thread I have seen about it being out of stock. Amain hobbies which is where I buy it locally so no shipping just listed the 25 pack as discontinued. This is not good. Has anyone got some more info on the entire situation with v2 which this is the first I have heard of. Or the original. My chief complaint with the brown paper is how wavy the boards are some boxes are fine while others where an ocean of rollers. Please bring me up to speed. Thanks!

Golddredger

DDollar
Have you considered ordering a 50 pack from Dollar Tree? Not WR, but still an option.
Dollar Tree board we use for prototype testing. The quality is just not there. Moisture gets it fast and it's not nearly as rigid and the paper falls off very easy. I could not sell this to customers as our cut kits.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
DDollar

Dollar Tree board we use for prototype testing. The quality is just not there. Moisture gets it fast and it's not nearly as rigid and the paper falls off very easy. I could not sell this to customers as our cut kits.

Depending on your production needs, it might be worth contacting the manufacturer of FT's foam board.
You can get the WR in 50 count.

R. L. Adams
5955 Crossroads Commerce
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616) 261-4400
Fax: (616) 249-8955
Web@goadams.com

SSgt Duramax

DDollar

I second this, do you have a site with your kits? If you have any neat planes I would buy one.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
DDollar

What kits do you sell? Do you have a web site?
I second this, do you have a site with your kits? If you have any neat planes I would buy one.

You are allowed to post self promotional items as long as it doesn't become spammy. Or you can spam all you want, in the Shameless Self Promotion section.