FTCC Build Nite - 4/1/17

earthsciteach

FTCC Build Nite, 4/1/17 (no April Fool's joke).

Subject: FT SE5 using Ratersize's Billy Bishop skins

Time: TBD

This will likely be a 2 part build. There seems to be an interest in how to apply and utilize the skins in the building of FT planes, so the first night will be applying skins to foam and using them as a guide to cut out parts. We may get into some assembly as well.

Preparation: Have skins cut out. Print out the plans and cut out to use as templates and/or for reference. People may have their own way of using the skins, and if so, rock it out. Personally, I cut out the skins (and plans) to utilize as templates as I cut. For the skins, I peel the paper off of one side of the foamboard, spray the back of the skins with 3M77 or similar adhesive, and apply skins to bare foamboard.

I will post the time in this thread when we get that resolved. It will definitely be in the evening.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Links

Assuming this is not an April Fool's prank, I'll be there.

Here is the link to the SE5 skins.

Here's the link to the SE5 build.

And here's the link to the recommended power pack for the SE5 if anyone needs it.

I would recommend downloading the skins ahead of time. The build is here in case anyone wanted to review the steps or get a head start.

I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited: