FTFC24: Buildruary Build-off Challenge

bwarz

Master member
just finished programming the alpha and getting aileron servos in the guinea. I started some small stuff on the alpha cuz I missed two parts on the p61 and it just happened to fall together in a few hours 😆
20240206_232021.jpg

I think maybe paint before the weekend? I realized last night I might not have matching escs for either if the twins.... if I can maybe pull a pair out of singing something I might get 3 maidens dive this weekend if the weather cooperates

the p61 wings are coming together but I'm pretty burnt and I think I'm fine for the night
17072799268423964883933665447423.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
just finished programming the alpha and getting aileron servos in the guinea. I started some small stuff on the alpha cuz I missed two parts on the p61 and it just happened to fall together in a few hours 😆 View attachment 242350
I think maybe paint before the weekend? I realized last night I might not have matching escs for either if the twins.... if I can maybe pull a pair out of singing something I might get 3 maidens dive this weekend if the weather cooperates

the p61 wings are coming together but I'm pretty burnt and I think I'm fine for the night View attachment 242351
you're on a roll there dude!

Scotto

Elite member
My Turbo Stol plane is together. I think it will fly well. It looks cool. @Inq did a great job on the design. I got lucky with the tires. I designed them in half an hour and they printed great first try. Tpu is the coolest thing.

Attachments

• 20240207_014320.jpg
    20240207_014320.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240207_014007.jpg
    20240207_014007.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

AgentC

Elite member
Got my Mini BiFogey made.
PXL_20240213_183727124.jpg

It's way too windy to fly today, so I naturally went and tried anyway (in order to get a glimpse to see if this is a decent or stupid idea)... Before the wind smashed it into the ground, it seemed OK for those 5 seconds or so!

Going for surgery tomorrow, so this might be all I get competed this month, unfortunately...

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Got my Mini BiFogey made.
View attachment 242457

It's way too windy to fly today, so I naturally went and tried anyway (in order to get a glimpse to see if this is a decent or stupid idea)... Before the wind smashed it into the ground, it seemed OK for those 5 seconds or so!

Going for surgery tomorrow, so this might be all I get competed this month, unfortunately...
Wish you a speedy recovery!

Best wishes!
Litterbug

FishbonesAir

Deal me in.
So, I'm putting in with this one:
FTFC24: Build-ruary by @FishbonesAir
Build Skill: Depends. Are we talking Balsa or Foam? Foam: 2'ish, probably better but I'm really, really slow, and afraid of making mistakes.
Pilot Skill: 1.8 Can take off, land without a gyro now. Usually. Sometimes. With the FT Tutor. Even go a little crazy in the air. )
1. FT Mini Guinea
2. B-25 (Fishbones Air plans, if you can call them that, lol)
3. AP Kwak
4. Woodstock - Another Fine Fishbones Air Original. First one flew kinda like Snoopy's sidekick, hence the name. Rebuild is gonna have a bigger tail.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Deal me in.
So, I'm putting in with this one:
FTFC24: Build-ruary by @FishbonesAir
Build Skill: Depends. Are we talking Balsa or Foam? Foam: 2'ish, probably better but I'm really, really slow, and afraid of making mistakes.
Pilot Skill: 1.8 Can take off, land without a gyro now. Usually. Sometimes. With the FT Tutor. Even go a little crazy in the air. )
1. FT Mini Guinea
2. B-25 (Fishbones Air plans, if you can call them that, lol)
3. AP Kwak
4. Woodstock - Another Fine Fishbones Air Original. First one flew kinda like Snoopy's sidekick, hence the name. Rebuild is gonna have a bigger tail.
I will put you in @FishbonesAir ! Good luck, you got this.!

How is everyone doing!?

mastermalpass

Elite member
Been meaning to check in on this one. I knew I wasn't joining this year's challenge, I still need to paint the Builduary models I made last year (and fix the Sig Kadet after the engine nacelle exploded), they all just got queued behind other projects and my hangar is definitely full right now.

Seems like a similar pattern going on as last year; one or two people have planes finished by the 20th and then it's all a mad rush for the final week and a bit. looking forward to seeing what everyone gets done! :D

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Been meaning to check in on this one. I knew I wasn't joining this year's challenge, I still need to paint the Builduary models I made last year (and fix the Sig Kadet after the engine nacelle exploded), they all just got queued behind other projects and my hangar is definitely full right now.

Seems like a similar pattern going on as last year; one or two people have planes finished by the 20th and then it's all a mad rush for the final week and a bit. looking forward to seeing what everyone gets done! :D
so far nothing :p :ROFLMAO:

FoamyDM

I wish "cleaning my shop" could be a submission. I might have that one done by next week!
I finished an a-pack model power system install for one of the Ring planes.

IMG_20240223_004915336.jpg
And a little earlier I power a 1/3 scale version. (I need to add color. And FPV)
IMG_20240219_000257510.jpg
This is the flight video, but for some reason when the throttle went up, it would cut out:

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Alright Folks, I looks like we are in the last push for this Challenge!
TWO ONE DAYS to GO!

I have an idea that I think will be Fun!

I would love each contest entrant take a picture of the current status of their "1 days to go status"
or at least what state things were in at the end of the challenge.