FTFC24: Buildruary Build-off Challenge

AgentC

Elite member
1000025802.jpg

This is all I was able to get completed this year before I had knee surgery and have been pretty much immobile since. I'll maiden this Mini Bi-Fogey eventually!
Also, I think I'll reuse this year's build thread next year, and just update it by adding one more plane :)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
IMG_20240301_005112565.jpg

Here they are!

So one of the rings (not in picture is purely a glider. I never got the emax micro motors figured out and mounted. And in this picture you see one ready old fogey, And 3 build but no servos installed nor landing gear.
The steam just leaked at the end . But I'm pleased .

FoamyDM

1709296523487.png

Everyone, this is the builders knife down point for measuring the finish level for the contest.

That said, please finish your planes. And share your flight experiences in the next week. And don't forget your thoughts on each build.

I want to say, the was a very encouraging crew this year, it seems as if everyone captured the spirit of the challenge well. I am proud to consider myself amongst this Calibur of RC pilots I can't wait to see those of you going to FF this year, and happy to have built like a fool this month.

As with every year, the month of Build-ruary was a steady challenge fighting against time and outside factors, some known and other surprise. A surprise the cropped up was less building, and more unexpected electronics performance.

In short - Thank every one of you for joining in a attempting the deceptively difficult challenge.

I can't wait to see the maiden vids!

FoamyDM

Also, of you don't mind please share your reflections on the challenge here.
  • What should I keep doing?
  • What should I stop or change
  • What should I try out next time?
  • Would you suggest it to others?
  • Would you do it again?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
View attachment 242880
Everyone, this is the builders knife down point for measuring the finish level for the contest.

That said, please finish your planes. And share your flight experiences in the next week. And don't forget your thoughts on each build.

I want to say, the was a very encouraging crew this year, it seems as if everyone captured the spirit of the challenge well. I am proud to consider myself amongst this Calibur of RC pilots I can't wait to see those of you going to FF this year, and happy to have built like a fool this month.

As with every year, the month of Build-ruary was a steady challenge fighting against time and outside factors, some known and other surprise. A surprise the cropped up was less building, and more unexpected electronics performance.

In short - Thank every one of you for joining in a attempting the deceptively difficult challenge.

I can't wait to see the maiden vids!
FYI, None of my 7of8 are flight ready. My end goal is to be ready for Flite Fest '24! For me, the cutting, bending, glueing, and beveling is the most time consuming part. The electrical and pushrods I can do in my sleep. I am unimaginitive/unartistic when it comes to graphics and this is what I need to develop most in my modeling skills.

I am grateful to have been able to get this much done this Buildruary. By far my most productive off season. Mostly just buttoning up and trimming out left to complete.

I really enjoy seeing everybody's creativity and varied choices in builds. Looking forward to seeing y'all at FF'24!

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
  • 1) What should I keep doing?
  • 2) What should I stop or change
  • 3) What should I try out next time?
  • 4) Would you suggest it to others?
  • 5) Would you do it again?
1) Keep doing the Buildruary challenge!!!
2) Can't think of anything
3) Possibly categories (sheer volume, creativity, atristic impression, all original, etc..)
4) I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to take part!
5) I will definitely do it again next year!

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

FishbonesAir

• What should I keep doing?
  • What should I stop or change
  • What should I try out next time?
  • Would you suggest it to others?
  • Would you do it again?
Definitely do it again.
Change up: Put in a "Best of" category. Suggestions- Best Paint, Best New Scratch build, Best Gadget, etc
Sure
Do it again? Planning on it.

Have you thought about asking Flitetest for a prize donation next year? I was considering doing so as advertising for my channel.

You could also do a theme that the lead plane counts for double points, and has to be a < fill in here > Biplane comes to mind for next year. A lot you can do for scoring with paint and such.

But enough for now, it's very late.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I managed to finish a plane. yay! I had a great time. I was more focused this year and completed a build. I haven't flown it yet but I actually have something to show for my efforts this year instead of the 3-4 half-finished planes i still have lying around from last year. oh, well i guess i did eventually finish the Wonder from last year but a month later :) I am looking forward to next year
IMG20240229230025.jpg

FishbonesAir

I'm hoping I can get maiden flights in tomorrow. The weather has not been conducive for testing, but tomorrow looks like it might give a little break.

There's an Indoor fly on 30 March where I will definitely be flying Woodstock. I hope to have a second backup done too.

Capt Fishbones