Gopro as FPV camera

johnreto

Hello fellow pilots,
I see many of you using the gopro 5 sessions as a FPV camera. How do you hook those up to the VTX?
Currently using the gopro as a standard camera to make aerial footage and pics, but if I can also use it as a FPV cam on the plane, would be great.
Thanks for the input.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
No one I know of uses any Go pro as a flight camera mate. specially for racing or freestyle. There is far to much delay in the signal to do that. By the time you see something in the goggles you are already physically passed it or have already hit it with the quads doing that. As for planes I do not think anyone is either unless they have something really really slow flying. Certainly not wings I am fairly sure.

johnreto

No one I know of uses any Go pro as a flight camera mate. specially for racing or freestyle. There is far to much delay in the signal to do that. By the time you see something in the goggles you are already physically passed it or have already hit it with the quads doing that. As for planes I do not think anyone is either unless they have something really really slow flying. Certainly not wings I am fairly sure.

Ok, thought i saw some quads with gopros mounted and didnt see any other cameras mounted, thought they where using the gopro as a fpv cam.
Cheers

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh some people try it.. their gear usually does not last long as they build speed. I suppose one could get used to it if that's all they did. But its a huge risk.. Same thing with people thinking that a self leveling camera would be a good idea on a freestyle quad. Just does not work well.