Habit Forming?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I just had a holiday with my wife and discovered that the Fleet Air-Arm museum was near by. I got to spend 3 hours walking around planes and had a great time, but there was a price.
However, I paid for it by the end of that week I had been dragged in and out of so many shops I lost count. Loads of walks around gardens and places of interest including a Cathedral and remains of a Monastery. My legs where 3" shorter by the end of the week but it was worth it to see those planes close up.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I have models stashed everywhere, some need building others are in need of repair or full restoration. That's before you start on the rest that are fully air worthy. I have them in my attic and hung on the bedroom walls and stored at my mothers house. Yes its an addiction :eek::rolleyes: but what can you do when you seen another you like. I am like Emelda Marcos with shoes I love collecting them, you can never have enough. Or until my wife finally says I have enough anyway :LOL:.

Motobiman

And those Swallows just seem to breed variations of themselves.
Someone left an EDF laying about.

Attachments

• 161B2B9C-8511-42E1-B7C8-9DA1FE0B7F84.jpeg
    161B2B9C-8511-42E1-B7C8-9DA1FE0B7F84.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Motobiman

I have models stashed everywhere, some need building others are in need of repair or full restoration. That's before you start on the rest that are fully air worthy. I have them in my attic and hung on the bedroom walls and stored at my mothers house. Yes its an addiction :eek::rolleyes: but what can you do when you seen another you like. I am like Emelda Marcos with shoes I love collecting them, you can never have enough. Or until my wife finally says I have enough anyway :LOL:.
Yep, I know what you mean.
Flying competition stuff is even worse.
If she ever found out what those Ava’s and CF 2mtr E Gliders cost!!!
I had to have a break due to health reasons and sold the whole lot.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Yep, I know what you mean.
Flying competition stuff is even worse.
If she ever found out what those Ava’s and CF 2mtr E Gliders cost!!!
I had to have a break due to health reasons and sold the whole lot.
:cry: My deepest sympathy. If I had to give up my planes now, you might as well shoot me and put me out of my misery.

Motobiman

"Male RC fanatic looking for long term relationship with female RC fanatic. Must be between 18 and 60 with own planes, controls and runway. When replying include pictures of planes."
.... must be able to program any Tx on 6 servo wing flight modes and be proficient at elevon mixing.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
.... must be able to program any Tx on 6 servo wing flight modes and be proficient at elevon mixing.
Sorry guy's I have to stop you there, you have lost prospective here. If your woman fly's planes too ! who is going to prepare your meals when you come in from flying or clean up your mess after you have finished building on the dinning room table :rolleyes:. She might start actually flying/crashing your planes or using your transmitters and gear :eek:
So no you want a woman with no interest in your hobby.
You want a domestic goddess with her own house on a large plot of land with a dedicated out-building/hanger, adjacent to the house for storing your precious models. Her only qualities must be: she agrees with everything you say and do (because she worships you), never answers back and loves housework.
Ah we can all dream of utopia :LOL:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Sorry guy's I have to stop you there, you have lost prospective here. If your woman fly's planes too ! who is going to prepare your meals when you come in from flying or clean up your mess after you have finished building on the dinning room table :rolleyes:. She might start actually flying/crashing your planes or using your transmitters and gear :eek:
You want a domestic goddess with her own house on a large plot of land with a dedicated out-building/hanger, adjacent to the house for storing your precious models. Her only qualities must be: she agrees with everything you say and do (because she worships you), never answers back and loves housework.
Sorry ladies only joking no offence meant.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I wonder what the wives "utopia" would be😂😂...
Tell you what for those of you who have wives ask them to describe their utopia, and then post it here ( obviously with their permission, as you don't want to risk your life);)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I can already tell you what my wife's utopia would be. A House that cleans itself or has maids to do that work and a cook, a garden that would befit a stately home, with gardeners to tend to the boring parts like weeding and digging etc holidays every week and married to a handsome man who wears suits 24/7, with a bottomless wallet for shopping spree's.
That's pretty close I reckon, we have been married nearly 16 years I know what she likes :rolleyes:

Motobiman

Ha and a huge HAAAAAA
Hello, hello. Planet earth here, is anyone there?
🤪