Mighty Mini Vampire (Fighter Jet)

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
THAT ..... looks like it is the PERFECT size for one of the 50mm EDF's I have, just waiting for a home.... :cool:

Seriously cool dude!

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
THAT ..... looks like it is the PERFECT size for one of the 50mm EDF's I have, just waiting for a home.... :cool:

Seriously cool dude!

Yeah bro! Do it! Thing is with this design is that it will lend itself to being modable. If you want to EDF it, go for it. It'll just take a little more work. I wanted to keep the design as simple as possible so opted to make the standard version with just a pusher. It's been tried and tested and, also, a lot of people have these little quad motors lying around.

Looking forward to seeing you try it.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
The flight video is amazing, looks like a lot of fun.

Plans! I demand Plans! Do you need help making them?

maybe I should phrase it more like, "Please sir, may I have some Plans?"

Either way great job!

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
The flight video is amazing, looks like a lot of fun.

Plans! I demand Plans! Do you need help making them?

maybe I should phrase it more like, "Please sir, may I have some Plans?"

Either way great job!

You will get some very soon! You know what, I was thinking I may need a help with getting some plans drawn up in a proper format. I can do a reasonable job but it would be good to have someone more experienced on hand to help. What could you offer?

Thanks for the offer :)

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
I was going to go and have fun flying the Vampire prototype today but it's snowing again! Grr. Going to work on the plans instead which I'm sure you lot will be pleased about. ;)

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 09.41.22.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 09.40.55.png

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Looks great! Looking foarward to some video when your snow melts. We just got 3” in NJ so no flying for me either. In a prior post you mentioned plans help. I’d be glad to help if you need it. Relatively new to Inkspace but here is a link to plans I recently did...

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?37794-Das-Ugly-Stick-FT-Style

Thanks for your kind words man! The snow is almost gone now but the weather is still quite rubbish. I did a short flight today and managed to shoot a tiny bit of video which will be up soon. I’ll include some screen shots on here in a minute. Thanks for the offer with helping produce the plans! I’ll take you up on that if you’d be up for editing my drawings into a more professional level for release?

I’ll upload the rough plans on here tonight as people seemed pretty pumped to build them! If you want to go ahead and edit them - please go ahead and thank you. :)

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
V1 Plans Release!

Okay chaps, here are the first edition plans in both full and tiled formats. I recoment printing the tiled A4 sized plans to ensure you get the correct scaling. I'm new to this so if anything looks off do let me know and we can fix it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dii4XJlgzYm6luAREAobNaJX34h370Ln?usp=sharing

If you build one, post a pic in this thread and let me know! I would like nothing more than to know that something I designed is being made all around the world. :) Also - please check out my YouTube channel Project Air, if you haven't already, where you'll be able to catch this and other projects in the near future www.youtube.com/projectairaviation

Screenshots from the upcoming release video:

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 21.50.16.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 21.50.34.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 21.50.05.jpg

- James.

Last edited:

Salam

Do I know where the center of gravity is in the model and you also make several adjustments in the chart

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Yeah the plans aren't perfect yet, with a lot of stuff missing, so I'm sorry about that. The CG is about an inch back from the most forward centre part of the leading edge. I'll have it marked on the plans in the next update.

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Just to let you guys know that I am working with jpot1 to release a V.1.1 version of the plans. They will be far improved with CG markings, the spar, and tabs and things to make sure you have an easy build experience. Hopefully then, they will be released mainstream with an article and a video. :) Hooray!

Here's a teaser:
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 23.33.12.png