Newbie question on Throttle setup

vishal

Hi,

I have tried er9x and opentx on my Th9x,
I can make my trottle start from 0(channel range change from -100 to 0 ) and go all the way till 100 but the numbers increment only from the center of the stick, the lower half of the stick is dead space, is that how it is suppose to be?

Thanks,
Vishal

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
You need to calibrate your ESC to know the throttle range (it is specific for all different transmitters).

First: TAKE THE PROP OFF THE MOTOR(s)
Second: Unplug flight battery
Third: Turn on transmitter, raise throttle to 100% with throttle trims centered
Fourth: plug in flight battery
You should hear a couple of tones, and when you get a repeating tone, or silence (wait 5-10 sec), lower throttle to 0% and unplug flight battery.
Done!

vishal

Thanks for the info I followed it, now the throttle does not move at all. seems like the motor is dead or something, how do I reprogram it? no beeps when I plug in the battery, I am using lazertoyz 10 amp esc.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
When you use Montiey instructions above do not unplug flight battery until you here esc beep again. You should be able to lower throttle here a beep and the use it to spin motor up before unpluging flight battery.

Last edited:

mikemacwillie

It sounds to me like you have a programming issue on your TX that you need to solve before calibrating your ESC. Your throttle range should be from -100 to 100, then you can calibrate your ESC.

vishal

Another question,
is there any universal esc programmer card? or all esc have their own programmer cards?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
ESC brands have different program cards but all programmable ESCs can be done through the tx ( although can be tricky).