So upset

Headbang

Master member
I always measure amps drawn with a full battery to make sure I am proped right. Too little amps go bigger, and most importantly too much draw go smaller. Knowing the amps I go (battery in amps)/(max amp draw)*60min*2=approx flight time
It is fairly accurate as a base line.

bisco

Elite member
yesterday, after flying, the min/max showed a low of 5.2 volts. i was surprised, as the tx caloout never went below 7. is this what they term battery sag during wot?

Aviator936

I presume this was at the battery at rest after flying. The important bit is what did the cell voltage fall to when it was under load. You need fancy on board telemetry to find this out but 3.8 V would suggest the battery had been taken closer to 3.3 V under load than you might think.
Are you balance charging and are all the cells at exactly 4.20 V when the charger cuts out?
If the cells are much different at full charge it is quite likely that the weaker cell will become significantly discharged, and thus damaged, whilst the other cells are fine.
Hey, so i have a battery alarm on board when i fly, and that didnt sound. However it had in the past. Thats probably the issue. The cc rating is 35cc

Aviator936

Hey i have swollen batteries and ive been charging them at 1.1 amps when the highest is 2.2. I cant think of what id making them swell!!!
Hey i just aquired a tl2000 sting 35cc gas engine and i have no idea how to prep and start this engine. Im going tothe airfield where someone can help me but im wondering if its seized up... When I try and turn it, it is stiff and makes a pop sound like when you put your hand on a pvc pipe. Please help!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey i just aquired a tl2000 sting 35cc gas engine and i have no idea how to prep and start this engine. Im going tothe airfield where someone can help me but im wondering if its seized up... When I try and turn it, it is stiff and makes a pop sound like when you put your hand on a pvc pipe. Please help!!

That sounds about normal. These motors use tapered sleeves so they get super hard to turn by hand at the top of the compression. The pop you are hearing is that compression leaving the cylinder all at once as the piston clears the open exhaust port. A valve will slowly open leaving the gas to escape more gradually then just an open hole. Sounds to me like you have a reasonably fresh motor that either has low hours or has been resleeved.

As for your battery issue sounds like you got hit by that battery manufacturer C rating padding thing. Too many of them will use c ratings based of top tier chemistry ratings for advertising but actually use 2nd , 3rd or even lower tiered cells. For that reason I will not use anything for single motor less then 65 c and no less then 100c for my quads.

Not gonna get into brand bashing but its very common specially among the biggest name brand makers.