STOL swappable

Tactical Ex

WP_20140512_002.jpg

I've had this in the works for a while and crashed the first 2 revisions of the plane. Though the most recent revision hasn't flown but I am pretty sure it will do well enough based on test flights of the previous versions. I wanted a STOL plane and my Bloody Wonder was mostly trashed with exception to the wing so I used the wing from the BW for this project. I programmed in flaperons with a variable knob which should give a lot of versatility to the speed of take off and approach.

Revision 1 was the same length and width as the BW but a single rudder and the main wing was 4cm higher up (Never attained controlled flight)

Revision 2 has the tail 10cm farther back and the elevator was reduced in width by 8cm, the fuse was partly BBQ skewers which had too much slop and is theorized to cause the pitchy behavior (Never attained controlled landing, incredibly pitchy)

Revision 3 has the tail 12cm back from Rev1 and on the same level with the main wing

The top piece was originally tube like but it made a god-awful pipe organ sound at high speed that sounded like impending doom so I put an angled piece that looks like the cockpit for aesthetics and a lower heart rate :)

More pictures in the album.