The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Also, very good news. I got a printer this evening!
0701F6A2-24A7-4D3D-A138-DDD83F3D11FD.jpeg

skymaster

Elite member
Is that the CR10? or Ender 5?

Which ever, I'd recommend ditching the glass build plate and getting a spring steel plate like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPSKRJ7G/?tag=lstir-20
I looked at the reviews for that product and it seems that it sometimes it rips apart. so i am thinking of getting a second grass bed just in case i am doing multiple builds i can remove the glass bed set it on a cool surface and install the second one to start my other prints. glass keeps warm longer as metal looses heat faster specially in the winter.

luvmy40

Elite member
I looked at the reviews for that product and it seems that it sometimes it rips apart. so i am thinking of getting a second grass bed just in case i am doing multiple builds i can remove the glass bed set it on a cool surface and install the second one to start my other prints. glass keeps warm longer as metal looses heat faster specially in the winter.
What rips apart? It's single layer of spring steel with a textured coating. I have hundreds of prints on mine with no problems. Adhesion is perfect with PLA, PETG, TPU and ABS.

Off-topic jes

Elite member

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well, I’m trying to get as many models as I can done for when I spend my day out flying all my models
547B2CDD-7CDC-49F6-AADE-2F88B4051914.jpeg
so I decided to start a Bristol scout has a 24 inch wingspan so it’s larger than my other models and I’m quite excited to finish the build
4B4A85E6-987D-4969-92EC-BE6145D0CA6A.jpeg

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well, I’m trying to get as many models as I can done for when I spend my day out flying all my models View attachment 241375 so I decided to start a Bristol scout has a 24 inch wingspan so it’s larger than my other models and I’m quite excited to finish the buil
shaping up to be an interesting build. I’m quite excited to do the meeting
8F91DB2B-226E-4A69-A088-689D7E7F3BA0.jpeg
18B6FF39-D1EE-4CBC-BA5E-1F5AB92DB79B.jpeg
. It has a 25 inch wingspan and is already 30 g. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad let me know.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well, this is what happens when you have too much free time I have quite a few models most of which I have yet to finish. I’m not sure what to do with them. It feels wrong throwing them away, but I don’t want to be a hoarder haha
86044F75-D050-411F-BE61-EECED4516269.jpeg
AAB29D7D-BB61-430E-A9CE-5F1B31C480F7.jpeg