Trifecta new problem, ARGGGG

paulstung

Evening all, I have been trying to get my first multirotor up in the air but everytime I think I've nailed it something new pops up, I'm slowly becoming slowly disheartened, and feel like giving up all together, and selling what I've bought to try to recover some pennies.

My new problem is that as soon as I up the throttle, and think I'm about to get up in the air, it drifts backwards, and no matter what I do, it will not go forward, it actually goes back that fast, the only option I've got is to cut the throttle, and let it drop. All I have changed in Baseflight is the Yaw's P setting from 8.5 to 4.2 on advice from another member. I did find some PID settings and tried those, but it wouldn't lift off at all.

What I've done so far is double check props and motors are both going in the right direction, calibration of the ESC's via a programer card, and motors via Baseflight, and reduced the Yaw, P setting from 8.5 to 4.2.

Please help guys, I'm new to this and want to be able to further the hobby, into a new love, but feel like I'm loosing the battle.

Quanum Trifecta
EMax simon series 12A ESC's
EMax 1806 2300Kv motors ( Maybe for now, dependant, on if I give up )
Naze32 basic
NanTech 1500 batteries
FlySky FS-i6 RX/TX
5" and 6" props, not at the same time.
From above going to the right, M1 CCW, M2 CCW, M3 CW. Not the naze way, but was told that having them all spinning CW is inefficient, is there any settings I need to change within Baseflight to compensate for this ?

Last edited:

meehan

My new problem is that as soon as I up the throttle, and think I'm about to get up in the air, it drifts backwards, and no matter what I do, it will not go forward, it actually goes back that fast, the only option I've got is to cut the throttle, and let it drop. All I have changed in Baseflight is the Yaw's P setting from 8.5 to 4.2 on advice from another member. I did find some PID settings and tried those, but it wouldn't lift off at all.

?

I assume you are flying rate mode. If it goes back by itself before take off without any stick input I would guess you have one of the motors plugged in improperly or perhaps the board not facing forward. Can you post some pictures and or a video?

My suggestion: Take all props off, throttle up just enough that all motors are spinning. Now tilt each arm down and make sure that motor speeds up. Also yaw back and forth and make sure tail servo is properly compensating. Trifecta is not the easiest to fly but it should be not that difficult to learn on.

From above going to the right, M1 CCW, M2 CCW, M3 CW. Not the naze way, but was told that having them all spinning CW is inefficient, is there any settings I need to change within Baseflight to compensate for this ?

I fly with the two front props going opposite directions and the Naze handles it fine without any other changes.

paulstung

Yes mate rate mode, it starts to go back as soon as the throttle hits about 1/4 of the way, ( motors start at 1/8 ) The tail servo is playing nice, I move the stick right, it moves left, and if I tilt the model it compensates. But when I tilt it the motor doesn't speed up. I tried to get a quick video earlier, but it goes up and back way to fast for me to be able to grab a camera.

I might try them back on my quad frame to see if I have any better luck, but last week before I found the Trifecta dirt cheap, the quad was tipping to the right, I just can't seem to get a break. Would the KK board be a better starting point for a noob ?

I gave it one last try before bed, so I re seated the Naze32, re calibrated the accelerometer and put in the PID settings I was given last night, and when I upped the throttle whilst holding it, with the props on, it was wanting to pull straight up, for the first time, I'm going to get into bed with everything crossed, with the help of gaffer tape if necessary, in the hope that it is now finally sorted, but with my luck, I might be asking for to much..

Last edited: